2018/01/13 22:27:03
BeenThereDoneThat.
So closes, yet another exciting chapter in the adventures of killing an elusive PA. White Tailed Deer..... with a pointy stick.  Which I didn't but hey, we'll git em next year..... stupid deer!
2018/01/13 23:18:54
mopars0
BTDT as long as ya had fun and enjoyed yourself all that counts . As you know I put my stuff away after rifle season and son filled his doe tag.... Yepper always next year . Not crazy about hard water fishing ... so things will be kinda slow probably until around April for me... but going to be a Great Grandpa here in March and going to a Nascar race in April ... so probably not going to be that slow I guess 😜👍
2018/01/14 09:44:13
dpms
Two more weeks in the SRAs. Yippee. I got 3, 4 more deer hunts left in me yet. 
2018/01/14 11:46:36
BeenThereDoneThat.
STOP IT.... ya big tease!!!!!  41 degrees for us muupere this coming Sat.  I'd think the State of Allegheny would be warming up a bit earlier.

Good luck.

Sign on my door says "GONE STUPID FISHIN"!!!!
2018/01/14 11:54:26
Panfisher
My hunting is done.  Saw 8 deer Thursday and 1 was  a buck.   Too far away for a shot at any of them.   Stupid deer.
Didn't hunt in the rain Friday or the cold Saturday.
2018/01/15 09:52:29
Enjoyed all the stories, pics and updates in this thread throughout the season.  

My son and I never made it out in the late season in 2D.  Between basketball games/practice and arctic blasts, we never got a day where he was real enthused about getting out.  

A friend gave me the meat from a doe he got with the muzzleloader last week, so between that and what's left of my son's doe he shot in October, we're set for quite awhile.  

2018/01/15 13:04:22
Big Tuna
Went out the last evening out my back door. Went about 60 yards down my side yard next to the garden area. Had 3 come walking and picking at 5:00 pm a big doe and two fawn does. They all where less than 20 yards,the little one stayed quite a while. I put the red dot on the big one, it never flipped the safety. You never know how many more you'll get on LIMITED TIME. I got enough deer this year. I've still been checking corn fields at dusk but no shooter bucks showed. One of my friends wants me to hunt his suburbia yard behind his house but I've had enough this year. On a side note we pile these maple leaves from our back yard tree,it's a peculiar looking leaf but it is a maple The deer love them. I pile them up about 4-5 ' tall in a 10-12' circle and they eat all by winters end. Would that be considered baiting.lol Never thought they would enjoy them but they go right to them every evening. Only trouble is the same 3 are the only ones coming this year.
2018/01/16 12:55:06
eyesandgillz
In the fall, I see deer munching on maple leaves on the forest floor all the time, just walking along.  They nip the browse and pick up some acorns and munch on a nice maple leaf.  Variety is the spice of life, I suppose.

Pretty informative article I found (long, but worth the read):
http://www.chukarhunting....nvisible-deer-delicacy
2018/01/17 09:14:23
Big Tuna
Since where talking about what deer eat. A few years ago a giant white oak split and was covered with acorns. I was squirrel hunting in that woods two times in a week after that tree fell. Both times deer came and browsed off that half fallen tree. I decided to set up a ladder stand. Three days later I hunted that stand, 20 minutes into the hunt I arrowed a dandy 8pts. 
2018/01/19 19:16:33
dpms
Did an evening sit tonight. Saw 6 does but all where along the edges in the residential area I was hunting. The bird feeders are a big draw right now. The deer don't want to come into the timber. Going to do a morning hunt tomorrow. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account