2017/10/01 11:54:23
dpms
I drew a blank last evening in Mercer County. 
2017/10/01 13:32:34
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Nothing but squirrels and chippys for me last night. My buddy had 3 doe sneak in under him at last light. The acorns were raining down all afternoon.
2017/10/01 13:34:15
mopars0
Nothing yesterday morning in Venango County for me either ... then discovered scope is messing up better finding out shooting at bag and not Mr big boy πŸ˜œπŸ‘... looking closer at scope today the rear eye view loosened up probably 3/4 turn cross hairs not straight ... should have caught this the first time I had to resight in but didn’t all on me ... scope hunting tomorrow πŸ‘
2017/10/01 20:47:24
BeenThereDoneThat.
Progress report.......

Coffee in hand I sat in my favorite deer stand, watching the sun rise in the East sky and the steam rising, from the frosted fields. 31 degrees at my location this morning but I never felt the nip of Jack Frost, as I peered through the glass, of the dining room doors. Binoculars sat ready, atop the table, to assist me with seeing the kind of condition, the condition was in.

Not a bunny, squirrel or, whitetail as the sun, climbed higher in the sky. So it was off to the man cave to work on the platform, building it on the fly.

Today was stairway day and plan the entrance way.

.Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Attachment(s)

2017/10/01 21:18:34
BeenThereDoneThat.

Entrance will be through a trap style door.

When not in use the ladder swings up into the frame where it can be secured.

1. The Amish will go nuts trying to figure out how to get into this one. No exterior door and the ladder, when secured, looks like part of the frame. They'll be thinking "sum clazy englishmon built this von... yah"?

2. I can pull the ladder up and secure it from inside so the deer won't know, I'm inside, waiting to kill them. Priceless!

Attachment(s)

2017/10/01 22:08:30
mopars0
BTDT .... awesome buddy , are we going to have a stove in it ..... you notice I did say WE .....πŸ˜œπŸ‘
2017/10/01 22:37:33
BeenThereDoneThat.
Ha Haa....Thanks buddy but be next year before any HVAC is installed. Be using a ground blind, on top, for the time being and poking hot stove pipe through nylon roof could make for heap big fire and make BTDT cry....... real hard.😭 lmao
2017/10/02 16:13:09
BeenThereDoneThat.
Moving day

From here

To here

Attachment(s)

2017/10/02 17:02:57
BeenThereDoneThat.
Taaa DAHHH

HOME SWEET DEER STANDπŸ™‚

Attachment(s)

2017/10/02 18:17:02
DarDys
Since this is my first quasi archery season, I wanted to throw out my plan to gather some thoughts.

I will be hunting on our property, which currently contains open fields and a wooded creek bottom. We have a 12X12 platform which is 15 feet in the air that sits along the creek.

Trail cam photos and observations ( from the patio) for the past two years (and so far this year) confirm that there are no decent resident bucks nor decent frequent visitor bucks. Most are non legal or smallish legal.

However, during the week before Halloween extending for the next week, visiting bucks show up with some frequency. Last year, 17 different bucks that would nicely grace my fireplace showed up within 10 days, on either side of Halloween.

Since I have killed plenty of deer with a firearm, I have no interest in harvesting any of the smaller resident bucks. Although I would like to test the crossbow, I really don't want to shoot a doe either -- I still have meat from last year and I want them to serve as rut bait -- although there are plenty of them around.

At this point, my plan is to wait until Halloween week to hunt. I hunt to shoot things, not to just be out there, since I can be out there almost any day due to living there.

If I were to go any earlier than that, I would probably harvest a fawn ( if I could bring myself to do it) in order to complete the crossbow test.

Thoughts?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account