2017/10/17 21:12:34
troutbum21
Great story Fichy.  Thanks for not only sharing but donating of yourself.  
A good friend, Steven P Bucci, is a graduate of West Point.  He is a retired Colonel who in the later part of his military career served on Donald Rumsfeld's staff.  Steve presently works for The Heritage Foundation.  When I think of leadership and all that term implies I think of Steve.  God bless those young men who thought of the sacrifices others made instead of putting themselves first.  http://www.heritage.org/staff/steven-bucci

2017/10/18 08:42:38
bigbear2012
THAT is what this country should be, thanks Finchy
2017/10/18 09:00:38
r3g3
That kind of thinking is what makes the USA GREAT.
Thanks for the story.
2017/10/18 18:40:08
hot tuna
Thanks for passing that along, in many ways.
You remember that day and I'm sure those folks do as well. I will.
Hope the karma got passed along today for you also.
I bet some history was made again today .
2017/10/21 16:18:54
r3g3
Up in the Vines a couple of days ago and the Altmar Fire Horn goes off in the late AM.
A guy yells over to his friends to get out of the water NOW because that's the Dam alarm and the water is going to rise quickly.
I called over no need to panic because there is no dam alarm here like OZ-  its the fire Alarm at nearby Altmar.
Another guy yells dont get out of the water because it takes a half hour for  high water  from the dam to get to where we are and that as soon as it comes up the river is gonna be loaded with fresh fish.
I shut up and kept fishing------
2017/10/22 17:23:19
fichy
Funny, RG.   Darwin Award winners.  Same guys who yell "I can feel the headshakes, hooked right  in the mouth! " as the rod throbs with the tail wag.
2018/01/27 18:41:31
hot tuna
So my fun stuff adventures have been reserved. I got inched out on the prime campsite I had last year in RI. The week and campground is the same. Last week in june . 7 days, Saturday-saturday. Clam jam.
Awesome able. As always , fathersday traditional. I'm sure prior and after but that weekend is stone.
Stripers. Geesh, river sucked last year. No matter . My boat is dockside everyday for 35 days . 5 mins from work, food, entertainment and a cabin,,, life is always good on the soulshine.

After that , my fun stuff ends in July and begins in September

Unfortunately I have no salmon river fun stuff to report.
I miss seeing my friends in the area. Little time and it surely passes at light speed.
The soulshine will sail the seas of Ontario without a doubt
2018/03/10 19:07:42
hot tuna
Ok , what do you folks call fun stuff in your aarp days ? I'm struggling like heck to tie some flies . Streamers are ok. Nymphs, or egg patterns not going so well.
Even if I forgo the tying into buying, I still have trouble threading the hook to line.
It seems some things and it's days are numbered.
2018/03/10 19:36:02
Clint S
I had to break down and get bifocals in my sunglasses last year. Without them tying a new fly on was a 10 minute ordeal
2018/03/10 20:03:33
hot tuna
I've been using 2.0 cheaters for about 3 years now. It sucks. If I lose them I'm pretty much useless at anything within 2 feet from my face. You should see me at times trying to tie 8lb line without them.
Even now, fly tying and smaller stuff is getting tough.
Don't know how much longer I can participate when it no longer becomes fun

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account