2024/02/07 18:20:40
hot tuna
Pretty neat to see some posting about fun stuff even in an end of an era.
I guess I should type about some memory although there's so many.
Streamers seem to be the topic so it's a streamer memory.
Long ago once here, probably 3 times for me we did a fly swap. I included a go to streamer developed specific for that river. Or basically any river that had salmon smolts.
So many flies were shared, 3 of memory i received that really produced were Jack's spruce fly, peacock nymph and Clint's stone fly.
Both those fishers are now gone and missed here.
Throughout my over 20 years as a contributor to this forum I've met and shared some water and good times together.
Over the years people come and people go on a public forum.
Every once in awhile do lasting relationships happen. I'm grateful to have , to this day some of those.
It's because like minded people don't just focus on a single topic, it's always about the fun stuff that makes our lives better .
I've pretty much stopped communicating on forums. They just seem to be a place of opinions instead of a community. At my age I don't expect to teach or help others through a forum. Goals have been reached and people established as friends.

As for fishing the salmon river:
If it's still your gig that's awesome !!
I certainly enjoy that place and river itself.
It's no longer a must, but more so a visit to resident friends.
I don't enjoy the popular fishing areas that get pounded to the point of force feeding for my recreation purpose.
It's about a different direction for myself.

I surely appreciate the innuendo. Nothing gained, nothing lost. I'll continue researching about tomato blight

Peace and tuna.
R.I.P. pafisher & Clint.S
2024/02/08 12:58:30
troutbum21
This past Monday I made the trip with three friends to Harrisburg PA for the Great American Outdoor show.  It's been a few years since I last attended that show but little has changed.  If anything, the fishing section of the show was disappointing. I expected higher end manufacturers to be in attendance but that was not the case. 

My neighbor had interest in purchasing a new crossbow.  He found a very nice TenPoint that fit his need and budget.  I believe the bow is rated at 430 fps.  The one feature that I really liked was the decocking mechanism, you no longer have to fire the knocked bolt at days end.  TenPoint has crossbows that now crank out at 515 fps, fast and flat.  They cost a king's ransom but what higher end products don't these days.

Towards the end of February, I may take a ride to Springfield Ma for the outdoors show at the Big E.  

Spring is within sight.  With it comes outdoors projects, drop back season and springtime hatches for trout.  Tight lines everyone. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account