149,460 bucks up 9 percent
183,794 doe up 3 percent
Bow hunters took 33 percent 
59,550 bucks
49,700 doe
Muzzleloader 20,409  kills
1,350 buck
19,059 doe
56 percent of bucks taken where 2 1/2 year old or older.
Doe kill break down
64 percent adult doe
20 percent button buck
16 percent doe fawn
Off course all this B.S. is based on 24,000 actually check by the PGC
And 100,000 report cards actually sent in. So basically it's a educated guess as always.
PGC is predicting even a better trophy buck kill next. Your thoughts

2017/03/14 19:34:05
BeenThereDoneThat.
Gonna be a better year next year cause we can mow em down with ARs.

Uh Oh....😒 [giggle]
2017/03/15 09:14:53
pikepredator2
Deja vu all over again.  From here on out this should be called the Trump report.  "Best year ever, enormous year, thousands of deer killed, and next year the biggest bucks you've ever seen, I tell you, they'll be massive".
2017/03/15 13:01:15
anzomcik
I will bite, Big Tuna what are the real numbers? I would like to hear the facts, none of this guess work, lay it on me, im prepared for the truth.

Seriously why are you hyping this up?  either accept it, or dont. Whats the point of making a big deal about estimated numbers. Most people would not even take the time to look it up on there own because it has little impact on their day to day lives. Just curious why the fuss?
2017/03/15 13:55:42
Big Tuna
Anzomcik, if you don't like my post don't post anything back plain and simple. You are a PGC lover,that's fine I'm not. Your happy with the deer numbers and the huge bucks behind every tree in your neck of the woods.
 I'm not. I can't believe it's a record year when so many people complained about lack of deer numbers. I can harvest deer even when numbers are low,been doing it for 51 years in 4 states. I was checked twice  this year and all the warden talk about was lack of deer killed in gun season,and how all the bow hunters kill all the deer. I knew even before these bogus numbers came out that bow hunters where going to have a banter year. I'm glad some people care about the deer herd and other people care about filling a tag. 
2017/03/15 13:59:29
BeenThereDoneThat.
Anzomcik, just curious; why all the fuss?
2017/03/15 14:19:42
holly107
its all b.s.  I cannot believe hunters killed 20000 deer in muzzleloader. I hunt a lot ant I do not see any hunters out muzzleloading. or hear that many shots . maybe it is me and where I hunt but that's how I feel. I think the numbers get blowed up every year. big ? is how many muzzle stamps did they sell. anyone know that.
2017/03/15 14:31:55
Walleye jigs
PGC! Prycks Got Caught! Must be counting My. Lebanon secret kills as sportsmen harvest.
2017/03/15 14:45:40
anzomcik
"Off course all this B.S. is based on 24,000 actually check by the PGC
And 100,000 report cards actually sent in. So basically it's a educated guess as always.
PGC is predicting even a better trophy buck kill next. Your thoughts"

You asked for thoughts, i guess you only wanted thoughts from people that are like minded. Always awesome for conversation. two thumbs up 

As for my fuss I was asking why Tuna was fussin when he doesnt believe it himself. So when i ask for what he feels are the correct numbers I get nothing to answer and told to not talk and labeled.

Ok so i can stay at this belly ache party heres goes...

well Its an outrage!!! These numbers AAAAAAAHHHH!!! Cant be TRUE, the PGC must be trying to pump the numbers to make people buy more licenses, because the more they sell the more cash gets deposited into off shore accounts!!!! Not only will more hunters buy permits thinking it will be better this coming year they dont realize that these record kills mean less deer this fall AHAHAHAHA!!!! The plan is coming together perfectly. All the hunters are killing themselves out of there heritage, soon there will be no game species to hunt and our accounts will be so full of tax free dollars we will eat steak every night from the extincted PA whitetail deer...

Seriously whats up with the numbers, genuine question. Why do they matter to you?
2017/03/15 15:34:53
PArussian
Figures lie and liars figure...I did not score this year with a deer....I did pass on some small bucks...I had 3 doe tags I do not shoot doe I did buy tag to save deer... less and less deer each year...very little shooting this year in gun hunting...I hunted bow and gun just about every day ...being retired ....sad to say the deer are there in low numbers,,,,not like they were in the past..

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account