2017/02/24 12:15:41
Riffleganger
I just wanted to put it out there that there is a great guy in Erie who found 2 of my steelhead rod/reels on Conneaut Creek in Ohio last Sat evening 2/18/17. I brought a friend from Southern Ohio up to steelhead fish for a day in absolute magnificent conditions and at the end of a long day I set my rods against a cable while we undressed and packed up. Needless to say, in my tiredness, I ended up leaving my rods there and didn't discover that fact until the next day when we we arrived at a new location to fish. To my personal horror, I had no rods... I drove back to Conneaut on a prayer and to my amazement, found a note and a phone number where I left them, to call. I did. Mitch answered, we met up near Elk Creek and he graciously returned my rods. I offered him a serious reward for his good deed and he flat out refused. If anyone knows Mitch (dark Green/gray Chevy Suburban), Give him a big shout out. He restored a great deal of confidence in humanity for me. A good fisherman helping a fellow fisherman. It was serious gear he returned to me, and I am eternally grateful!

Good Fishing, Mitch!
Mark
2017/02/24 15:22:22
Big Tuna
Still a few great people out there,like myself ( not bragging just honest) I wouldn't steal from anybody. In your case not stealing but just a genuine example of a hella of a guy. My hats off to you Mitch.
2017/02/24 21:18:31
BeenThereDoneThat.
Kudos to Mitch and may his good deed be returned ten fold.

Thanks for sharing your story Riffleganger and tight lines to you.
2017/02/24 22:49:18
Mountian Man
Guud jerb duUD

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account