2017/01/22 15:02:14
Clint S
1/22/17 First report of the year for me. I had a few hours so I went to the LFZ. Pressure was manageable. If this was 3 years ago it would have been shoulder to shoulder on a day like this.  The reports have really slowed the crowds.  Fished from 930 to 1245 or so.  I forgot my net and my good fly box, so I was doomed from the start.  I ended up with 2 on and 2 head shakes.  I only saw one fish landed and it was lucky to weigh 2#. Saw only two others have short battles. The folks across from me had no takers, even from the usual hot spots.  I did well considering.  Small green nymphs and pink worms brought the takers today. With the weather warm and my local ice to iffy for me I see another trip up next weekend
2017/01/22 18:52:15
Lucky13
Watch the weather, it could get nasty by next weekend!
2017/01/22 19:41:41
hot tuna
Thanks for the report Clint. Time flies , sorry I missed this weekend, next shot Feb 3rd
If the weather turns ,come play in the adks .
Good people, reasonable lodging and plenty ice. I'm on a 8 day run mid February
Hope to share some water be it the river or the ice
2017/01/23 18:54:47
Clint S
HOLY CRAP glad I opted for the river. 2 guys went through where I usually go and they did not make it. Prayers to the families................'..
2017/01/23 19:09:19
BeenThereDoneThat.
Condolences to family and friends.

Geez, I just read a story on Twitter where some dude was sitting on a rock by the ocean doing selfies when a wave swept him away.

Sounds like a good week for me to stay away from water.
2017/01/23 19:13:49
hot tuna
That's bad news and my sorrows to friends and family from a fellow ice fisher.
Use caution and be safe on all forms of water bodies.
2017/01/23 20:55:28
fichy
Wow, Clint. I was going to thank you for the report, now I'm thankful you didn't get on the ice. A prayer sent for the families.  What a f'ed up winter, again. Hope  LG freezes, HT.  I'm tempted to head to the Cape for a go at some salter brookies and schoolie stripers. People have been getting some in the creeks. The kettle ponds are still open and they have bows and browns.  If I plan to go, it'll immediately go way below zero.
2017/02/04 18:32:58
Clint S
Going to keep all my reports for the year on one thread.
2/4/17
Met up with HT and his buddy for a few hours in the LFZ. There was alot of snow to deal with.  Altmar has more than me. 
Rich said he fished behind the jail earlier and saw a few caught and we got one at the bridge.
I fished from 2 till a bit after 5 due to the snow removal ad SU game.
I had 2 quick hits on a pink hammer.  Not bad for a few hours, but you had to work. 
Saw a guy get snagged and did the unthinkable. Pulled from the middle of the pole and SNAP.   Always pull from your cork.........       
2017/02/04 19:09:14
hot tuna
Thanks for coming to visit Clint. It's been a struggle for us. Been a year off it really showed.
I said I didn't like the privatization from the jail water taking access away . I am staying here now and think they hit things right on from a business phase . I have seen no less then 300 snowmobiles here in a day and half. All are spending $$ at the restaurant, barn or lodging. They did the place up right to the clientele.
have not found a fisher but their access and staff have treated us well .
The cost was $60 Per and we'll staffed
2017/02/08 14:59:31
Clint S
Went today for a few hours and knew it would not be a good day. Tied a dozen trout killerz and left them on the. Counter. Fishing sucked not a touch all day for the 5 I saw fishing and I mean nothing, no head shakes, no foul hook tail wags, nothing

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account