2017/01/03 09:34:52
pikepredator2
First year hunting with a flintlock.  I've already filled my doe tag during the regular season.  Am I correct in assuming I can shoot another anterless deer with my flintlock and tag it with my antlered/flintlock tag?
2017/01/03 11:08:19
Walleye jigs
That's how I always did it. Never had any problems.
2017/01/03 12:36:57
psu_fish
READ THE BOOK

2017/01/03 12:40:46
dpms
pikepredator2
First year hunting with a flintlock.  I've already filled my doe tag during the regular season.  Am I correct in assuming I can shoot another anterless deer with my flintlock and tag it with my antlered/flintlock tag?

Yes. The unused back tag is good for an antlered deer or antlerless deer with a flintlock statewide. Good luck on your hunt. The upcoming cold weather should bring some exceptional hunting for those that are willing to brave the elements.
2017/01/03 18:46:54
mr.crappie
DPMS, I agree,also I would like to see 2-3" of new snow to help follow up a shot. Nice breeze,few ticks, & no sweating while dragging out a deer. What's not to like ? Of course I am saying that now after  a nice meal of tenderloin from a doe that my son got with his compound bow yesterday. I may feel differently when that alarm goes off.  lol  sam
2017/01/04 12:56:44
BeenThereDoneThat.
Yinz are likely to get yinz wishes. Windy and temps. beginning to drop with lows forecast in the teens. Reports of some areas to receive lake effect snow over the next few days.

Not much happening the last few days, in my little piece of Penn's Woods but, we're having fun. 😜
2017/01/04 13:10:55
dpms
Not calling for any of the white stuff here around Pittsburgh. Winds out of the west will keep the lake effect limited to north of here, according to the latest. Looks like just a bitter and brown weekend. Hopefully a little red painted on the brown leaves.
2017/01/04 19:58:13
BeenThereDoneThat.
I hear ya dpms, for me it will be maybe a inch today then maybe a inch tomorrow followed by an inch the next day and, so on and, so on. At least until next Wed. when the temps are forecast to be in the 40s and there goes Frosty again. But, til then we'll take what we can get..... 10-4?

Good luck.
2017/01/05 07:57:31
dpms
Change of forecast.

A southern storm is supposed to clip southern Pa this afternoon with 1-2 inches around these parts. Southern slopes will melt off with the bright sunshine forecasted for Friday and Saturday, but there hopefully will be a skiff left for non southern slopes for Saturday.
2017/01/05 08:24:43
psu_fish
They keep calling for snow for little ol' Knox Boro....so far they have been wrong

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account