2016/12/06 19:00:39
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Definitely jumping the gun, but there's a chill in the air and I've got the itch to hit the hardwater soon after a lousy ice season last year. Temps for the next 2 weeks look to be in our favor. Here's to hoping the water cools down, the wind stays down, and the hardwater starts forming.
2016/12/06 19:51:17
BeenThereDoneThat.
I'm with you Crappie_Slayer..... it's getting boring sitting in trees.   I looked at the long range forecast provided by the NWS but after two minutes of their jargon I gave up.  The report they had this week contradicts the report they issued last week for the same time period, at the end of this month.  If anybody needs me; I'll be in my tree.

Quick update; Shenango reporting water temp 44 degrees. And after seeing a selfie posted by the Capt; who had just caught a beauty of Striper while wading in that water, I would venture to say the look on his face confirms the water temp. lol
2016/12/07 03:50:27
Mountian Man
Rather have open water year round...dont need a auger then.
2016/12/07 13:22:46
Walleye jigs
Where do you guys get your ice fishing equipment? I've been searching for 3 years, running myself simple and I still haven't found everything I need or want.
2016/12/07 13:39:59
outasync
Depends on what your looking for jigs. I ordered most of my stuff online. Fishusa has a good selection I might add.
2016/12/07 16:56:15
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Jigs, I'll second what outasync said. Fish USA has a nice selection for ordering online. Also I buy quite a bit of small stuff from the smaller local bait shops. As far as getting everything you need or "want", good luck with that. Seems like any store I walk into that sells ice fishing gear has something I need and/or want. 😉
2016/12/08 11:49:48
perchmanbo
Walleye,depending on where you live in N-Western PA Gander MTN in Niles OH has everything that you need, also Fin, Feather and Fur, rte 224 in Boardman OH have everything. Hope this helps BO  
2016/12/08 12:06:42
outasync
Old dog: I've been meaning to check that area out. It may have some decent archery hunting too. Everything behind our house is posted so something close that's accessible would be great!
2016/12/08 18:53:18
outasync
I may have to explore in the spring. By the looks of it there will be hard water soon and then my woods wandering days will be limited lol doubt I'll even be out deer hunting again this year. Freezers full!
2016/12/11 17:05:25
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Driving into conneaut lake today there was some ice forming in the docks behind Nye's. Was bored this weekend and I've got the itch to get on the ice so bad I whipped up a few jaw jacker style rigs. Can't wait to give them a try.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account