2016/10/01 19:00:05
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Hope everyone had an enjoyable opener. Had a 7pt come in just before 8:30 this morning inside 10yds, but never stopped for me to take a shot. Saw a doe and 2 fawns this afternoon before I got chased off by the rain. Was nice to get out and spend some time in the stand. Good luck to all this year
2016/10/01 19:32:52
Big Tuna
Glad you had a nice first day hunt.It's always fun to start off the season well. I worked till 4:30 and didn't get home till 5:00. I thought it was to late to go behind my house so I passed on going in,I'd hate to ruin something before it's time. I'd hate to bugger up the spot, my neighbor got pics of 4 shooters behind my house. The deer crushed my Swiss chard last night and clean up all the apples that dropped from the high winds. My son hunted two evenings in Ohio saw 6 doe and and pretty 6 point with a double white patch. Good luck bow guys.

2016/10/01 20:18:52
BeenThereDoneThat.
Didn't make it out today, did some practice shooting with my bow then later, watched a mommy and two yearlings disappear in the fog, while they browsed just before sunset.

Lots of time but unlike last year, when I do go sit in a tree, I won't be letting any shooters walk by.  Nope not again......  Been There Done That!!  

Let there be venison!!!

Good luck guys and hunt safely.

2016/10/01 23:31:55
mopars0
Well woke up at 3:30AM could hear heavy rain, still raining at 5:00 so rolled over and pulled covers over my head. ..lol Then heavy rain again this afternoon ... Guess you can saying opening day was a total wash out for me... Monday is another day .... one advantage of being retired 😜🍺. Good luck everyone ! This one has been on my camera hope to meet him soon .... lol

[/URL]
2016/10/02 09:35:31
BeenThereDoneThat.
Right back at ya Steve.   That's a great picture, I hope the next picture we see off him is with you holding those antlers.
2016/10/02 10:52:44
mopars0
BeenThereDoneThat.
Right back at ya Steve. Β  That's a great picture, I hope the next picture we see off him is with you holding those antlers.
. Thanks BTDT .... hoping I see him not much pressure where I'm hunting , tomorrow sounds like a much better day then Saturday .... we will see !! Good luck !!
2016/10/02 18:20:13
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Good luck with the big boy mopars. Tomorrow looks like a great day to try out one of my new stand locations. Should be out in the afternoon when I get done with work. You retired guys have it made...
2016/10/02 19:07:10
mopars0
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Good luck with the big boy mopars. Tomorrow looks like a great day to try out one of my new stand locations. Should be out in the afternoon when I get done with work. You retired guys have it made...
Thanks Crappie .... will give it a try, wife just told me it's raining again hope it gets out of here ..... still looks good for tomorrow though, you're right us retired guys do have it made ...... AGREE BUD πŸ˜œπŸ‘. Good luck to you too bud ....
2016/10/02 21:55:29
BeenThereDoneThat.
I don't know about this retired thingy... it gets mind boggling sometimes trying to decide, should I fish or should I hunt, should I stay or should I gooo.

Decisions, decisions...... decisions, always sumpthin'!!

Not sure of yinz area but I'll be needin the use of GPS to locate my tree in the morning and most likely be needin' my pointy sticks set on "IFR" for the first few hours in the morning.

Won't be the first time I sit in a tree with my head in the fog but, at least in those cases, everything at ground level isn't obscured too.

Good luck guys.
2016/10/03 17:41:49
mopars0
Well BTDT ....you forgot the retired thingy also has the honey do list, which never ends 😜. Anyhow I'm in my stand before daybreak and YES the foggy thingy was there also you are great weatherman ....but was pretty clear by 7:30 at my stand anyway .... Didn't help one bit cause I saw NOTHING 😑 ..... stupid deer!!! Left at 10:00 and checked camera's big buck was there but Friday night , so figured I'd go this afternoon .... nope RAINING ..... stupid weather!!! Ok that was my day how bout yours ?? 🐿🐿

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account