2016/01/13 10:11:15
treesparrow
Just curious if anyone has found safe hard water. I know, all are afraid of letting out secrets.
2016/01/13 10:28:20
BeenThereDoneThat.
Not so Sparrow, it's not that we are afraid of letting out secretes, we're just afraid of being the first to test the ice.

Just talking about Pymie on another thread buddy,  ice is  a making but it, just got blanketed with snow in the area.  Hopefully the high wind kept the lake blown clean of any accumulation so the ice keeps on a crackin'.

We are all standing by for further developments and updated reports from Crappie_Slayer..... stay tuned.
2016/01/13 20:24:51
Divemaster
My local creeks are starting to freeze in deeper slack-water areas and I'm hoping to hit the banks within the next week or two. A shovel or something to break the ice apart and then toss some crawlers (if I can find any) in for suckers and holdover stockies in the only area with a liquid surface. Not quite ice fishing, but I don't think we're going to have any safe ice with the way this winter is looking.
2016/01/13 23:42:44
gillicer
another week be time to go; a short season
2016/01/14 00:00:58
Big Tuna
We will be fishing soon. Next weekend it should be a go.
2016/01/14 07:37:25
icereaper32
I'm hoping so then I can call in sick to work

2016/01/14 07:48:38
BeenThereDoneThat.
Friday forecast for my little piece of Penn's Woods including Pymatuning, Wilhelm, Conneaut, Sandy Lake, Shenango and all area beaver ponds.

Cloudy in the morning, then off and on rain showers during the afternoon hours. High 44F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40%.  A steady light rain early transitioning to showers of rain and snow later at night. Low 31F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 80%. ~ The Weather Channel Dudes.

A mixture of snow, rain and, more snow could make for some crunchy tip toeing on the ice.

Don't forget your spud bar..................................
2016/01/14 10:59:21
Divemaster
BeenThereDoneThat.
Friday forecast for my little piece of Penn's Woods including Pymatuning, Wilhelm, Conneaut, Sandy Lake, Shenango and all area beaver ponds. Cloudy in the morning, then off and on rain showers during the afternoon hours. High 44F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40%.  A steady light rain early transitioning to showers of rain and snow later at night. Low 31F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 80%. ~ The Weather Channel Dudes. A mixture of snow, rain and, more snow could make for some crunchy tip toeing on the ice. Don't forget your spud bar..................................

Ahh, just throw some big rocks at it and see if it breaks, if it doesn't then you're good to go :)
2016/01/14 11:08:15
Eman89so
Guys fishing Arthur...
2016/01/14 12:58:09
Big Tuna
Muddy creek got 4 inches,snow on ice wet spots,some open water around 528 bridge,few guys are fishing. Ill wait till next week,I'm not ready for chilly swim.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account