2016/02/28 19:18:32
hot tuna
Time is surly getting short on the hardwater..
We had a BLAST and played with many fish yesterday to a laker land all our own..
Today I invited friends and don't you know it was a complete 180 from yesterday..  Besides my friends , the Circus came to town.. Antics that resemble the salmon river.. Ah, we all had fun and good times ..
Taking the polar plunge was not really a plunge but a refreshing willing dip :)
Yesterdays action ..
Once again , crowds SUCK !!

LOVE the fish gripper , aka boa grip:

Got a few photos of today that my friends took .. Hilarious stuff , maybe post at a later date..

2016/03/12 07:16:17
hot tuna
The season has ended for me .
Thanks to those who viewed and commented .
Didn't seem like much interest so I will see if I revisit this thread next season .
Enjoy the sprin, summer and fall , time to get the boat out .
2016/03/12 19:51:39
Lucky13
Did you cancel out on the Marina?  I could not figure  you eastern Dakers coming that far west, but....
2016/03/13 08:16:50
hot tuna
Yes we did cancel at last minute . 81 degs on weds and rain thurs , I just couldn't take the chance and sitting in a bar all weekend wasn't going to make the ice grow back.
It is far to go that route to the western ADK's but BTDT .
Anyway getting some house work done and playing on the boat this weekend was helpful .
See y'all next season
2016/03/13 11:04:34
BeenThereDoneThat.
Somebody calling BTDT??????...........    Sorry.

Some great pictures and very nice fish HT, short but successful season, good for you.

Myself, I'm sulking (and enjoying it) now that the ice is gone in my little piece of Penn's Woods I've been on the water just about every day and I still ain't catchin'.   Stupid fish!!!

I'll be looking forward to more ice stories next season, til then fish on!!
2016/03/14 13:00:16
PeterJohnson
Great photos! You had a really good day HT!
2016/03/14 17:05:00
hot tuna
Thanks Peter and welcome to the forum .
While it was a shortened season compared to the past , it was a much better fishing this year .
The lack of snow really made the outings much easier and it seemed better on the fish as well.
Hate to say it so soon but I can't wait until the ice returns :) , well after we put a smackdown on stripers and salmon on the boat
2016/03/17 06:53:58
PeterJohnson
Come on, warmth also has its advantages)
2016/08/16 18:31:14
hot tuna
So I'm putting my 2016-17 Ice gear list together..
hot item so far from fish usa tackle is  :)
Abu Garcia
C3-4600
Retrieval Hand
Right
Jiggin lakers

Cant wait
2016/10/12 17:31:57
hot tuna
Had a few frosty nights at deer camp last week . My gear is already tuned up and ready for this season .
Summer's over folks , bring on the hardwater :)

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account