2016/01/31 18:47:00
hot tuna
well the fishing with my birthday boys week was a huge success. From panfish on weds to lake trout yesterday, we caught !!
Today was about chasing grandkids on the ice and they played... A few fish were caught on tip ups so flags flew..
I'm pretty beat down so long report but the Ice on my laker lake is here to stay .. Hoping for many more slimmer trout..

We put 12 on the ice , lost 7 jigging yesterday:
Love the UN crowded waters :) 70 FOW

Some bodies hit the ice:

Fish gripper worked like a CHARM, even got weight.. 2.6oz

More then fun as the bro-inlaw had the hot rod

Crazy photo app from the dumb phone:

Lastly :

The boy had a few too but no pic's to share .. Maybe he will ..
Wont be back out until the weekend and then the following week I have a 7 day straight ice run..
Winter is not over yet and many fish to catch:

Peace & Tuna

Ps.
used a lot of gear that came from right here at fish usa.. Must say, PLEASED with everything.
LOVE the casting rod for deep water jigging.. 
2016/02/04 19:28:31
hot tuna
Going to take a break from the ice this weekend. Some factors come into play
1. Temps - while I'm confident there is ice to fish , I'm just using caution
2. Rain - it rained hard in northern county. 1.75", that makes water on the ice . Not my idea of a fun day .
3. I will be doing a 7 day week long push starting on 2-13 . Temps seem great and Maybe the final run ?
4. Gives me time to get things done on the honey do list before the shoot really hits the fan and I'm gone every week .
5. It's super bowl weekend !! What better excuse .

Friends and families will be out somewhere and I will try to update their adventures
2016/02/05 00:52:16
BeenThereDoneThat.
Good gosh Tuna I don't know how I missed your thread buddy, guess I was too busy peering wishfully through holes in the ice.

Congratulations on the catching and some great pictures too.

I and my buddy Bill fished the docks at Jamestown on Pymie today from 12:30 til 5:30 PM.  Bill began catching some shad just before we gave up and called it a day.  

Few other fellas fishing the docks prior to my arrival reported zilch results and decided to relocate in hopes of locating hungry fish.

Ice wise, things ain't lookin so good around Jamestown, few more warm days and I'm thinking open water from the boat launch to the dam.  Incoming weather may slow the process but, c'mon spring!

2016/02/11 20:49:09
hot tuna
as I move into the final workday before the great Ice vacation and now have my computer back, here are some shots missed from family and friends this week..
I hope to share my adventures of next week ..

The hot walleye bite sat & sun from bro in laws girl at deer camp

A big cat hit the ice too

She had the hot hole and snatched a giant fall fish:

My super sunday fish fry of sweet gills:

Yesterdays haul from the boy near Vermont:

And tonight's clear sky and COLD quarter moon  (pic stinks):

Woodstove stoked and gear prepared..
Next post will most likely be in a week upon my return..
Fare Thee Well out there in this Polar Vortex :)

2016/02/19 09:58:23
hot tuna
Boy oh boy, what a fantastic week on the hardwater..
The temps went from -10 to plus 50 .. From snow to rain back to ice.. It was a GREAT ride !!
Couldn't ask for a better place to stay in then the Maple Leaf on Schroon lake , NY.. The rooms are big, clean and owner is always friendly.. At a rate of $22.00 per angler (3) it's hands down my favorite motel..
Anyway,
The fishing and time spent with friends and family was well worth burning a week of vacation :)
Here are just a few shots from 4 days on the ice :

After the Rain :

WAY to CROWDED for me :)

Our tracks in the slush:

Yesterday was one for the record books.. Put double digit trout on the ice jigging just 3 holes.. It was non stop action:

Again , Crowds suck:

2016/02/19 12:51:05
Lucky13
Nice!
2016/02/19 14:35:06
BeenThereDoneThat.
Great pictures Tuna and congratulations on those fish.  Now can we have spring............ Please?
2016/02/19 16:06:11
hot tuna
This winter has been pretty kind as compared to the last 2. Givin there has been hardwater to fish , no complaints here. I'm almost ready, got to take the boat to get finished up mid March for the long troll.
Going to be 50 here tomorrow but things are still tight .
After next week for lakerland and a trip to big like water in the tug March -11, no snow and slow thaw then sunny - 70 weather would be fine :)
No MUD people..
2016/02/20 13:41:54
pafisher
Those crowded conditions would keep me away,how do you pick a spot to fish? LOL
Good to see your getting the time in Rich,next month it's my turn out in Ohio for some Steel...I hope!
2016/02/20 18:15:09
hot tuna
Watching a fish react to a lure is the ultimate, imo.
The electronics on ice are a game changer.
Aside from ADK's fishing , ice fishing is my favorite love . It allows everyone a chance.
Stripers out the back yard are second to none but an all to short season, river depending.
No disrespect to the Great Lakes tribes but seeing only woods and water is pretty key

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account