2015/09/29 08:33:42
woodnickle
Got a blind this year and was wondering how everyone else fared.....and have you hunted there before ,which blind were you in?
2015/09/29 12:58:24
BeenThereDoneThat.
Don't have a blind; just wanted to stop by and wish ya luck Mikastorm!
2015/09/29 19:43:32
woodnickle
Thanks BTDT....I,ll be there on the 12th...let the fun start....lol
2015/09/29 20:58:45
john, i work with a guy who hunts there big time.  always seems to get blinds.  i 'll see him at work tomorrow and pick his memory.  hope you have enough dekes.
2015/09/29 21:46:31
BeenThereDoneThat.
Rap do ya remember the days when ya could only hunt geese in designated areas like Pymie and how few blinds (or it seemed so few) were available back then?  You could feel the excitement in the air as the time drew near to submit your application for the lottery.    Darn near as exciting as, taking the day off from school so, ya could be first in line at the courthouse to get a doe tag.

Heck I can still see, in my minds eye, the old timers getting excited just seeing flocks of geese headin south for winter.

Just last night, standing in the back yard talking with two of my nephews around 7:00 pm when a flock of about 30 geese buzzed right over our heads.  Was nice to see the guys get excited about those birds and pretend to be swinging a shotgun on them.

I on the other hand, hearing the birds and, knowing the geese would be coming right over us barely tree top high, was just hoping they didn't have to poop!!
2015/09/30 11:22:04
btdt, i hunted the ohio side over at mosquito.  i remember the game management building parking lot full at 3:30 or so in the morning.  we hunted private land right across the way and the geese were incredible.  one thing for sure, not as many as there are today.  i later switched to hunting pymy from the ohio side, mostly solo, and when the rare bird or flock came in, i would shake like a wet dog.   today's waterfowl and deer hunters are living in prime times.  even turkey hunters.   in fact, i remember maybe seeing one flock of geese during the fall, never a deer or turkey.  
2015/10/01 09:26:16
woodnickle
Thanks to a dear friend I have enough decoys....thanks pal

2015/10/01 16:48:39
olgerman
Just received a blind in January. Never hunted geese that late in the season--is it worth the trip?? Thanks
2015/10/01 19:03:26
woodnickle
I have done it twice.... 1st. day of deer and was done by 830....sat in Dog,s getting warm for a good while....lol Another was in January and froze to death with only 1 goose gotten.
2015/10/13 18:57:43
woodnickle
Hunted Monday and between 3 of us 1 goose shot...19 shells fired. Few shots with few geese seen. Got blind 27....right beside the pond behind main building

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account