2013/10/17 18:58:46
Cold
DarDys

How do you feel about people who charge a few bucks to park in their yard near a fairground, race track, or sports venue? 

That's not at all an accurate representation of the situation.
2013/10/17 20:31:37
DarDys
^It wasn't meant to be.
2013/10/17 20:36:55
FishinGuy
Will they let you tailgate in said yard?
2013/10/17 20:40:12
BloodyHand
What happens in the yard, stays in the yard....................all I'm sayin

BH
2013/10/17 21:42:09
Cold
DarDys
^It wasn't meant to be.

So you just threw something out there to intentionally distract?
2013/10/17 21:43:35
sengland
So did the bait shop in question give up on guiding on this stretch of river? According to their site is has "Our guides will stick to public access from now on"?
2013/10/18 05:46:30
DarDys
Cold
DarDys
^It wasn't meant to be.

So you just threw something out there to intentionally distract?

Just trying to lighten the mood by being as absurd as asking someone to move from their residence so that a person that paid a whopping $20 can use the property that said $20 granted them some God-given right to do so.
2013/10/18 09:18:32
wirenut45
unless i,m missing something here, the law sez the person who owns the banks on this stream, also own the streambed, so wading from public land does not apply.even within the high-water boundary. also, changing pa. law won,t help, since U.S. Constitution sez no takings without recompence. a fair lawyer would tie this up ,til we,re all dust. also if these rights are worth so much pa. can,t compete , where,s the money come from to eminent domain them? some ones gotta pay.
2013/10/23 22:16:51
neaphyte
Just thought I would take  a minute and let  those of you who gave me some advice about streamer fishing the kings/silvers I made it up their twice fished three day and had an enjoyable time.  Alot of fish and surprisingly not really crowded!  Mixed results swinging flies in a traditional manner, it didn't snag many fish but using a an unweighted fly I was not getting deep enough I guess, and even an intermediate sink tip hung up too often. I broke down and started "short" swinging streamers to visible, holding fish and did well. My son was able to hook several fish and landed a few big bucks.  I must admit i really enjoyed the fishing and found those fisherman around us friendly and accomodating when we hooked a fish. I think i may return for salmon again next Sept.  But I'll be up steelheading next week. 

Asking your opinion on a single handed steelhead rod. I have put my Sage 99 into storage and vowed not  to use it. Fishing  some other rods i have that rarely get used. I am finding all these "fast"action rods I have bought may be too fast and not able to absorb those first frantic moments a big chromer always supplies when hooked. Tips are not soft enough. I have hooked approxamately a dozen adult fish this season so far and only been able to close the deal on 4-5.  All others broke me off. I use Rio 3x tippet as I have done for years with much better results. So I'm thinking this is a good reason for a new rod. Does anybody fish the Winston Boron rods for steel and what are the reviews.  Would really like to get a Winston again. What do you think?

2013/10/24 11:22:58
D-nymph
neaphyte

Asking your opinion on a single handed steelhead rod. I have put my Sage 99 into storage and vowed not  to use it. Fishing  some other rods i have that rarely get used. I am finding all these "fast"action rods I have bought may be too fast and not able to absorb those first frantic moments a big chromer always supplies when hooked. Tips are not soft enough. I have hooked approxamately a dozen adult fish this season so far and only been able to close the deal on 4-5.  All others broke me off. I use Rio 3x tippet as I have done for years with much better results. So I'm thinking this is a good reason for a new rod. Does anybody fish the Winston Boron rods for steel and what are the reviews.  Would really like to get a Winston again. What do you think?

It's not the rod, it's the tippet being too light.  Use 1x or 15-20lb fluorocarbon even.  Streamers, on a tight line, is not like nymph fishing. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account