2013/10/16 14:57:50
Riverbum
I could honestly give a crap less.  If there's 100 yards of water with fish in it ill fish it.  What I don't understand is with so much open water to fish, who cares? The fish go below and above the posted areas of Elk Creek, fish for them there

That's the point. If this trend continues, that's all you and 10,000 other fishermen will have...100 yards of combat fishing.

I think I fished this particular section one time. It's posting will not directly impact my erie steelhead experience. It will however have an indirect impact as other landowners follow suit and other fishermen begin to crowd the areas I do fish. This will most likely take years, but there is nothing to suggest that it won't happen.

Luckily for me, I'll fish all winter and there are far fewer anglers in the streams in December and January.
2013/10/16 16:59:56
track2514
Just need a few of these babies in the right spots.

2013/10/16 19:45:22
krott243
Loomis
Honestly is it even worth it to cry about this?  There are tons of open sections of Elk and other streams to fish.  Why don't you just be happy with what you have? The tubes to route 5 aren't going to help you catch more if you can't catch them to begin with, why even get upset about it?  If I had a section of a stream, i'd post it too, and nobody would fish it.  I'd fish w all the rest of the jagaloons like I always have, and like Art who owns the manchester hole does...pretty much never see him not catching fish.  Point is, where there's fish to fish for, one has a chance at catching them.  So go do it and shut up.

A 7 page thread so far and this is one of only posts that even makes sense and is worth reading.
2013/10/16 20:36:01
lost sage rod sectio
This forum and the people who write on it are proof cowboys had sex with sheep!!!!!!!
2013/10/16 22:40:59
genieman77
lost sage rod sectio
This forum and the people who write on it are proof cowboys had sex with sheep!!!!!!!

Those of us that don't have sheep for mothers will recognize the irony

..L.T.A.
2013/10/17 08:41:23
mohawksyd
lost sage rod sectio

Wow.  Your 1st seven posts on this site consist of continuous d(o)uchebaggery.  Gotta be some sort of record.
Not exactly the way to win friends and influence people.  Now go home.  Your daaaaaad is calling you.
2013/10/17 09:00:17
bigbear2012
is this horse dead yet?

2013/10/17 10:11:04
CAPTAIN HOOK
If those fish swim up on private posted property they are trespassing ! They should be fined and removed !
2013/10/17 16:59:00
DarDys
Esox_Hunter
DarDys
So, by some of this thinking, if PGC stocked pheasants wonder onto posted property, I should be able to hunt them because I bought a hunting license, part of which went to purchase them.

Sounds pretty silly when one simply swaps the word steelhead for pheasant, doesn't it?

Posted is posted.

That isn't the argument that I am seeing from most of the posters here.  It seems like the majority here respect the landowner's choice to do as he pleases with his land.  I think the issue for many, including myself, is the exploitation of a resource funded by public license holders for the monetary benefit of a few individuals.  I'm not contesting the legality of the situation, I just don't agree with it and refuse to support any of the players behind it.   

How do you feel about people who charge a few bucks to park in their yard near a fairground, race track, or sports venue? 
2013/10/17 17:47:43
Fish5000
bigbear2012
is this horse dead yet?

Doubtful. Beat it some more!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account