2013/10/16 10:23:56
Esox_Hunter
DarDys
So, by some of this thinking, if PGC stocked pheasants wonder onto posted property, I should be able to hunt them because I bought a hunting license, part of which went to purchase them.

Sounds pretty silly when one simply swaps the word steelhead for pheasant, doesn't it?

Posted is posted.

That isn't the argument that I am seeing from most of the posters here.  It seems like the majority here respect the landowner's choice to do as he pleases with his land.  I think the issue for many, including myself, is the exploitation of a resource funded by public license holders for the monetary benefit of a few individuals.  I'm not contesting the legality of the situation, I just don't agree with it and refuse to support any of the players behind it.   
2013/10/16 10:37:01
D-nymph
Esox_Hunter
DarDys
So, by some of this thinking, if PGC stocked pheasants wonder onto posted property, I should be able to hunt them because I bought a hunting license, part of which went to purchase them.

Sounds pretty silly when one simply swaps the word steelhead for pheasant, doesn't it?

Posted is posted.

That isn't the argument that I am seeing from most of the posters here.  It seems like the majority here respect the landowner's choice to do as he pleases with his land.  I think the issue for many, including myself, is the exploitation of a resource funded by public license holders for the monetary benefit of a few individuals.  I'm not contesting the legality of the situation, I just don't agree with it and refuse to support any of the players behind it.   

Exactly. 

I also don't know why that's hard for Loomis to understand.  Nobody is crying either.
2013/10/16 11:13:02
bigbear2012
alttile different in that birds can go where they want, but fish kind of have to stay in the water
i think it would be fair that those entities who want to benefit $$$ from the state supplied product should have to pay atleast 50% of their gains to the state for supplying those products (fish, birds, whatever)

but just as up in NY i refuse to pay to play on their turf so i find public spots to do my fishing
2013/10/16 13:35:53
Loomis
D-nymph
Esox_Hunter
DarDys

Posted is posted.

Exactly. 

I also don't know why that's hard for Loomis to understand.  Nobody is crying either.

I could honestly give a crap less.  If there's 100 yards of water with fish in it ill fish it.  What I don't understand is with so much open water to fish, who cares? The fish go below and above the posted areas of Elk Creek, fish for them there.  You aren't going to do a thing by posting on a forum about it, go stand outside trout run bait and tackle if you have that much of a problem with it.  I for one could give a crap less.
2013/10/16 13:41:05
lost sage rod sectio
Just as a side note I don't care if you raised the pheasant from a chick as soon as it hits PA soil it belongs to PA.
2013/10/16 14:36:32
D-nymph
Loomis
I could honestly give a crap less.  If there's 100 yards of water with fish in it ill fish it.  What I don't understand is with so much open water to fish, who cares? The fish go below and above the posted areas of Elk Creek, fish for them there.  You aren't going to do a thing by posting on a forum about it, go stand outside trout run bait and tackle if you have that much of a problem with it.  I for one could give a crap less.

So you've said, a few times.  You care so little you keep reading & posting, telling everyone to shut up.  Don't act like a dumass, you're too smart for that.

Here's the thing about new postings, in general, for me... why I care... and really I don't care that much either.  It's not any one spot, THAT doesn't bother me in the least.  This one cuts off from Uncle John's area to the Easements south.  You used to be able to walk right though.  Or, park a car at one end & walk your way down a long stretch.  With each posting, more walk through areas are lost so the "go out and walk" people can't do so as much any more.  All it will take is a couple more of these, in the wrong spots, landlocking long open stretches of stream that can't be fished because you can't get to them. 
2013/10/16 14:39:54
bigbear2012
and once the process starts, it just progresses
no areas ever open back up, there are just more closed
2013/10/16 14:45:29
Riverbum
lost sage rod sectio
Just as a side note I don't care if you raised the pheasant from a chick as soon as it hits PA soil it belongs to PA.

Just as a side note, your side note is completely irrelevant. If that pheasant is on my land, you have no right to it without my permission.

That's the point he was making.
2013/10/16 14:49:18
Loomis
D-nymph
Loomis

So you've said, a few times.  You care so little you keep reading & posting, telling everyone to shut up.  Don't act like a dumass, you're too smart for that.

Here's the thing about new postings, in general, for me... why I care... and really I don't care that much either.  It's not any one spot, THAT doesn't bother me in the least.  This one cuts off from Uncle John's area to the Easements south.  You used to be able to walk right though.  Or, park a car at one end & walk your way down a long stretch.  With each posting, more walk through areas are lost so the "go out and walk" people can't do so as much any more.  All it will take is a couple more of these, in the wrong spots, landlocking long open stretches of stream that can't be fished because you can't get to them. 

I guess ill have to get a helicopter licence and start dropping people off in these landlocked sections, it will be like they are fishing the wild outback in Alaska.  Then I can profit without taking away any land, but instead increasing access to fish....

2013/10/16 14:54:53
D-nymph
Now you're making sense.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account