2013/10/11 13:51:24
Riverbum
Well, clearly this is a sign of the coming apocalypse! :-p I just hope Teresa's is not somehow involved because I couldn't participate in that boycott...just couldn't do it :).

Seriously, I place no blame on the landowners or even the guides or shops moving to gain from privatization. It's legal and well within their rights. The blame lies squarely at the feet of the State which epically failed to plan for appropriate access. Secondly, the bums that leave more than their footprints behind in the streams deserve to carry some blame as well.
2013/10/11 14:24:15
Cold
I would look for a way to exploit it.
Anyone would! Money is always great to have.

I agree with most of your post except this.

Please don't assume I'd put the almighty dollar ahead of my sense of ethics.

*If* I owned stream frontage in Erie, in this political/legal climate, it'd be posted, and only me and personal friends would be on it.  It wouldn't be right for me to monetize it by charging anglers to access the fish they paid for, and I wouldn't want the crowds, litter, noise, etc. so it'd just plain be closed.
2013/10/11 15:47:13
bingsbaits
I'd still like to know who the so called "local" was that leased it...
2013/10/11 16:42:22
Youghman
So far, we're:
Re-opening the Pigpen (That would be epic!)
Giving Teresa's a pass (I'll bite.)
Shunning Trout Run B&T (Hell no, we won't go!)
Praying said landowner changes his mind (Do you believe in miracles?)
Going undercover (Don't Boggard that joint, my friend, pass it to me)
Gluing colored macaroni to cans ( Is that a size 10 or 12 can?)
Constructing barriers  (And you thought Trout Run was crowded before?)
Moving Montana's fish laws here (Isn't Brokeback Mt. near there?)
Charging landowners "fish hoarding taxes" (How much per fish?)

I don't know what the answer is, hell, I already forgot the question.
What would Terry "The Crip" say to all this going down?
"Keep on keepin' on"

2013/10/11 18:05:29
rmcmillen09
there are over a dozen property's bordering said stretch of water according to a map I was shown today. maybe all is not lost folks.
2013/10/11 18:21:18
rmcmillen09
property tax map shows 8 pieces of land that are connected to the stream that come from Maple Avenue in Lake City.
2013/10/11 21:02:16
RIZ
if people are making money of the property then they need to be taxed as a business and pay commercial property taxes too.  also they should be required to be bonded and have liability insurance as businesses.  do.  why should property owners get a free pass when business owners have to pay?  same goes for leased hunting land.
2013/10/11 21:09:54
Frisco
Cold
I would look for a way to exploit it.
Anyone would! Money is always great to have.

I agree with most of your post except this.

Please don't assume I'd put the almighty dollar ahead of my sense of ethics.

*If* I owned stream frontage in Erie, in this political/legal climate, it'd be posted, and only me and personal friends would be on it.  It wouldn't be right for me to monetize it by charging anglers to access the fish they paid for, and I wouldn't want the crowds, litter, noise, etc. so it'd just plain be closed.

COLD
I need friends man!
I'm a lonely person!
Gotta have a way to bring them there!
;-)
Ok bust my balls, I need it done by someone!
Frisco
2013/10/11 21:37:12
Cold
No worries.

And I didn't intend for that to come across as a character judgement (if you took it that way).  If you don't see a problem with making a buck off of the situation, then it's not unethical for you.  For me, though, with my philosophy on things, I just wouldn't feel right doing it.  Just a different take on the issue.
2013/10/11 23:27:04
NAsteelheader
I agree with RIZ

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account