2013/10/10 23:36:48
woodnickle
Just another Donny Beaver
2013/10/11 00:06:03
Cold
This thread has more posts from people making their first 5 posts ever...than any thread I've ever seen on the whole site.

Just sayin'
2013/10/11 01:05:30
lost sage rod sectio
The steelhead fishing in Erie tribs is not what it used to be. I do know as soon as the locals by that I mean local sporting groups started there input the program changed .I believe they call that special intrest or politics. Put more fish here or more fish there change the limits and wine to the fish commission about everything. And as long as the mup ears and flat landers are willing to pay to fish it won"t change.!!!!!!!!
2013/10/11 02:29:32
Ninja of the Steel
Let face it, Sportsmen this day in age, the dying breed that we are, are under attack. PFBC announcing it needs to shut down hatcheries due to lack of funding? Are you kidding me! What's the draw for young people to get involved?
2013/10/11 09:25:31
flychaser2
I have fished that stretch for almost 20 years now. Caught hundreds of fish there over the years. It's a shame that the fishery has come to this (has been for a while). It is only a matter of time before everything except what the fish commission owns becomes "pay to play". I won't pay to hunt and I certainly won't pay to fish. One thing for sure, myself and everyone I know will NOT purchase a thing from the shops involved. You can take that to the bank.

Sad day indeed!
2013/10/11 10:01:17
Loomis
They need to open up the Pigpen again, that will solve everything.  I'll pay to fish there.
2013/10/11 10:34:11
eyesandgillz
Nice to see the site nice and lively again...
2013/10/11 11:06:17
PONDBEARSHWILLY
Well this is great news,just freakin great! Now the McKean hole is going to be as crowded like the Manchester hole.Where am I gonna fish now?????
2013/10/11 13:09:45
Frisco
I can honestly say that some opinions have been made and each have their own points and perspectives.
Do I want to see any stretch of stream shut down? NO
Do I appreciate anyone that allows anyone on their land that they own? YES
Do I see a person here that is obviously PO'd about something? YES
Will this person maybe at some point in time change his mind? 50/50 chance
Who's opportunity is it to maybe talk to this landowner and try and collect their thoughts and aggravations? Everybody's
Who's chance is it to maybe make a change in the future and opportunities that may exist? Everyones
What I am trying to say is this:
If I owned land on any creek that has great fishing and numerous people visiting it, I would look for a way to exploit it.
Anyone would! Money is always great to have.
Would I look for ways other than posting it? YES Of Course.
I would like anyone to be able to access it so it would stay Busy.
Would I get PO'd about trash being left? YES.
Would I do the same thing this guy has done in posting it because he has been wronged by not only fishermen but the state agencies? That would probably be the first thing I do without thinking of other alternatives.
Would I eventually think about other alternatives to allow it to be open to public? Eventually I would but not till I see the recourses of what was done. 
There are several ways to talk to this landowner and see what had happened for him to post this property and then maybe see where he stands and find out if there is a way to achieve a common ground instead of just closing the property.
Attacking him is not the answer. And letting the public water access dwindle down is not the answer either. 

I look at a prime example of a good fix to these problems up at NY Tribs and the Archery Club Grounds.
The landowners have the archery club lease the grounds off of them and the Club charges a rate to park there. Is it a fair rate? YES $5
Is it a needed rate to keep the grounds paid up to date and a little more to keep the grounds clean and added amenities? Yes (They have put bathrooms and a Concession stand in)
Could this very same act be done at all of the Erie Tribs? I would think so!

I'm just trying to say to keep your eyes and ears open and your mind even more open to try and solve problems like this from occurring and repeating rather than spitting fire out here on the Internet and stirring the pot.
Le's try and figure out a solution to public access rather than trying to Void a shop or agency.
Do I agree with all of this? Heck No, but I am seeing both sides of the coin and weaving my opinions through to an alternative and solution.
It is a shame and needs a compromise and way of opening it back up.

Frisco
2013/10/11 13:11:34
CAPTAIN HOOK
Keep your limit every trip every day............you paid. Why let the sponges suck it dry and fill their pockets ! The runs are down and they will only get worse in years. To many greedy people worried about filling their private pockets on the backs of our license money. You got to be one sorry ash fishermen to fish in private waters to prove how great you are! 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account