2013/07/06 07:03:39
Big Tuna
I have not seen the number of rabbit like this in years. There's always 5-7 adults and several jr. models from 4 inches to half grown in my back yard. I'm sure glad to have a young beagle dog this year. Big bad Bella is a super nice running dog. I cut her loose on one every morning and evening. She been running a rabbit like she's tied to it. Her runs average runs last 15-20 minutes and Mr bunny is back to me. I hope some make it till the late season,all Jan. and Feb. to kill bunnies. Bella is my answer to the mild winters we've had the last few years. So you know this year will be super cold and have a ton on ice.(I'm a big ice fisherman) Either way I'm going to have fun this winter. I can't wait.
2013/07/12 13:49:44
S-10
Probably came in from Canada on a fake ****.
2013/07/12 21:07:26
Big Tuna
Just came in the house,I cut Bella loose on adult rabbit,she brought it around twice,then lost it or holed it. Anyway she gave up on it after 1: 45 minutes. One hot tougne hanging hound dog.
2013/07/12 22:34:36
pheasant tail 2
Perhaps one of the finest pleasures in life........ hunting with a hound.
2013/07/15 21:39:29
Big Tuna
I can't agree more. I've had some great hounds and well some not so great. I would put this Bella dog as a "Great track dog"very steady not many break downs in the chase. Not quite the jump dog yet but I hope she improves in that department. I'm like a little kid all over,I can wait to roll some bunnies.
2013/08/05 00:26:58
tippecanoe
that is great tuna, im really happy to hear you got a good one. she will come around to jumping them for ya, give her a little time, or get her around an older dog that is good at getting them up.  i love running beagles
2013/08/07 01:28:08
Big Tuna
Cut big bad Bella loose,she pounded an adult rabbit for 1 hour 20 minutes,saw Mr bugs three times, two times back to the jump area,then he ran big ,huge almost out of hearing but she brougt him back,she never had a break down always steady barking three short break downs of a minute or two and back on the trail.
2014/01/05 19:27:59
treesparrow
  How is the bunny chaser doing? Boy do I miss hunting with beagles.
2014/01/07 22:03:36
pheasant tail 2
I also miss hunting over a good hound. I've taken the boy out a few times since Christmas kicking around. There seem to be quite a few bunnies around. We've not been fortunate enough to connect, but had our opportunities. I would really like to him to experience a day afield over a good beagle. 
2014/01/12 13:34:05
Big Tuna
I'm back,I've had some puter trouble. Bella is a super little hound,I hunted her 3 days after Xmas on nice days with snow on the ground,she ran 12 rabbits 9 killed 2 missed and holed,and 1 big huge buck ran a double on her and got her all messed up. All and all well please with her,she has gears when scenting conditions are right she rolls with plenty of speed,on tough scenting ( frozen ice and crusty snow) a bit slower but still can do it. I only have ONE PROBLEM lack of bunny spots. If I had 20 spots that held rabbits no doubt I could kill 30-40  rabbits,but its just not about the killing,I love too hear her pound the bunny.She was in heat in Dec. so she should be in heat sometime in July. Looking for the right stud dog(same blood line and  a bluetick dog would be nice) If eveything goes will have pups for sale,but I'm keeping 2 females.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account