2013/01/02 18:31:18
Wally Cat
Had the urge to take my shotgun for a walk today. A little chilly but otherwise OK. Went myself, no dog and jumped seven of those little furry critters, shot at three and put two in the game bag. Not bad for an old man walking by himself. Hunted three hours. Think I may do that again later this week. The exercise was good as well as seeing some bushytails.
2013/01/02 19:24:01
Noplacelikehome
Well done Walley! I thought I was the only one that hunted rabbits WITHOUT dogs. I hunted today for 2 hours pushing the brush piles, saw nada. 3 guys hunted my spots just yesterday! Felt good just to be out though.
2013/01/03 11:37:11
Walleye jigs
Black powder 12 ga and rabbits, theres nothing more fun
2013/01/03 17:29:43
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Thats always a good time.  Was out monday trying to push my buddy a deer, and took the shotgun for a stroll.  Stomped lots of thickets, and there was loads of fresh bunny tracks in the snow, but I never spotted one.  Gonna try and grouse hunt this weekend.  Jumped loads of birds in the fall, but the little bastids are hard to see.  The white background should make it a little easier.
2013/01/06 20:48:12
SmMouthSeeker
I only hunt bunnies in the snow. I solo hunt myself, I prefer it that way. Any more, I see a lot of bunnies and other small game running everywhere in the woods. It seems like nobody hunts them any more. 
2013/01/07 10:28:15
Snag_826
Went out this saturday for 7 hours and only saw one rabbit. Spooked a big fox and pheasant tho. Soo many tracks but no critters. Really need a new spot to hunt small game. If anyone has any please share as i am new to the sport and have only been out once so far
2013/01/07 11:16:39
Walleye jigs
I can remember when I was a kid, Moses was still around, as a jr. game warden we would box trap rabbits here and release them in Green county. Now your lucky to see one in daylight hours
2013/01/28 18:41:07
Wally Cat
In this kind of weather those busytails like to stay close to holes. Several of the ones I jumped went right into holes within ten feet of where I jumped them.
2013/02/09 20:43:09
BloodyHand
Seems like all the bunnies went nocturnal in my neighborhood. I see them all day long in the summer time. In winter, night only.

BH
2013/02/10 22:14:21
Big Tuna
I'm getting back into beagles,I'm not hunting but running my 8 month old Bella pup.A lot of tail shaking around holes and where they been feeding(chewed bark) in early morning but no cold trailing.Every bunny she puts out makes a bee line to the hole. She has not had a chase longer than 50 yards to the hole most have been less. It's been hard getting her on bunnies that run to the hole.This warm up should help.I'm thinking about running her after dark.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account