2012/12/23 11:16:55
Clint S
Better management would bee a boon for all.   Just seems that sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to their ideas of flows.   

As far as the weather today, woke up to a fresh 6 to 8 inches this am.   Winds have died down to almost nill.  There almost seems to be more snow on the ground there was at any one time last year.   I was walking out back after cleaning  up and the snow is nearly a foot deep  or more,  broke through to a wet puddle in more than one spot.  Underneath the ground under is still pretty warm so a little melt off will happen until it gets froze up.  I am all cleaned so off to check on my granny, to the store to buy some milk and then settle downto watch some football and a nap.
2012/12/23 12:07:18
dimebrite
clint, im out of town for the holiday, but i imagine there is quite a bit more than a foot in altmar, unless the saturated ground has melted from the sub surface...  you should be hitting the water when your errands are done!!!!
2012/12/24 10:09:02
Lucky13
If you don't have enough now, wait until Thursday!!  14-20 prwedictede here in Roicehster, I woudl imagiune the east end of the Lake will get buried witht he front coming from the west.

Stay warm and safe!

L13
2012/12/24 12:28:06
dimebrite
You aint kidding lucky... pulaski is calling for a foot plus... we all know that could end up being 2+ in altmar and more on the tug. Its about time... im happy for the local establishments that rely on the snow moblie traffic as it should be a banner year for them
2012/12/26 20:40:43
Clint S
Well we got a few inches on Christmas eve and that was about it.   It has just started snowing here so we will see what it brings.     It seems to me that the media (as in other things also)  over exaggerates many of the        " storms"  we have gotten over the last few years.   If I hear the word blizzard one more time.   C'mon 16 inches over 20 hours is NOT alot of snow for this area people.  
2012/12/26 21:22:07
troutbum21
It started snowing down here late this afternoon.  Calling for 3-6" in my area with a wintery mix included.  Sounded like rain /freezing rain a shortime ago which I think is far worse.  I would prefer all snow as opposed to the ice that comes along with a mix.  Heavy winds are expected as the storm moves by so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we don't lose power. 
2012/12/27 06:18:52
Clint S
Where's this blizzard they were talking about.   Got about a foot a fine powdery snow.   No biggie for the blower and tractor , 1/2  hour, all gone.   Now the drive to work with all the people who think 4 wheel drive  means they have can stop better too.
2012/12/27 15:37:26
bigbear2010
12inches of fresh snow in altmar
and the river is fishing just fine :)
2012/12/27 18:21:05
Clint S
So between 12 and 16 inches for the area.  No rain or freezing rain so to speak of.   Bear I am glad the river is treating you well

So at this time right now there is more snow on the ground than there was at any one time last year.
2012/12/27 19:20:32
troutbum21
I got six inches of that heavy crusted heart attack snow.  Snow, heavy rain, freezing rain, back to snow, the kind of stuff that makes you hate winters in the coastal northeast.  I'll take two feet of powder over this stuff anytime.  Something headed our way this Saturday but not supposed to be too bad.  

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account