2012/11/01 08:31:36
Pa_Fly_Guide
Whats up all...I recently got a GoPro camera and I have been messing around with some edits and such. Was wondering if any of you guys use the GoPro?  I see some sweet underwater views of the fish release but I have been a little hesitant to dunk my 300 camera in the water haha

Nick

Attached Image(s)

2012/11/01 09:30:15
Cold
but I have been a little hesitant to dunk my 300 camera in the water haha

I know what you mean, but look at it this way: if the camera is waterproof, you spent extra money for the same guts just for that feature.  Until you start using that feature, you spent money on something that you aren't using.

While dunking electronics is something we instinctively try to avoid, when it comes to waterproof cameras and the results...it only seems wrong the first time. 
2012/11/01 09:35:27
Pa_Fly_Guide
haha very true sir. The clarity of the picture on those cameras is insane. I bought the hero2 about a month ago. They are really cool to use although the editing software takes some time to get the hang of. your right though, im not using the features I paid for until I take the plunge <----pun intended.

Nick DelVecchio
2012/11/01 10:17:40
Bogeyjoker
Just make sure you use the waterproof housing (no holes) and not the audio enhanced housing (holes), and you'll be fine.  I've had mine down to 40'+ with no issues.
2012/11/01 10:24:27
Pa_Fly_Guide
Yeah I have the waterproof case and I also got the floaty backdoor. The batteries on those things is garbage though. I have two of them and they last 5-6 hours total. I need to start using it more sparingly. Up to this point I have been wearing the head mount, have you found a better way to film?

Nick
2012/11/01 10:56:39
KJH807
The GoPro3 comes out in 2 weeks... that will be my first jump
But, it won't replace my DSLR though for video or stills

2012/11/01 11:05:05
Pa_Fly_Guide
Yeah i saw that. There are some disgusting videos out there already for the hero3. I was a little upset 2 weeks after I bought the hero2 the news dropped about the 3. I have been really satisfied with it though. I have the year long warranty so I many use it for a while and then when its "defective" get the 3.

Nick
2012/11/01 23:35:52
kill3ducks1deer
I don't know much about the GoPro, but my uncle uses it surfing out west so I am sure it will be fine under the water. He has taken some very cool videos with it, you should really try it underwater.
2012/11/02 10:16:53
Pa_Fly_Guide
I think the 3 has better audio...longer battery life...built in wifi capabilities...probs better resolution, and I dont know probably more. I am going to run a test this weekend at my apartment. Bucket of water and the gopro, check out how it holds up. 

Nick 
2012/11/02 10:26:18
KJH807
smaller
lighter
up to 4k resolution
higher frame rates/ more photo setting
built in wi-fi

gopro2 is 100 off right now.... 199

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account