2011/02/16 09:12:44
rmcmillen09
How many subscribers are in favor of the antler restrictions . I know I wouldn't mind at all if the this just went away and we went back to the way it used to be. Never was in favor to begin with knowing the doe kill would be bureaucratic extermination of our deer herd.
2011/02/16 10:06:19
Pork
We did this back in December...went 12 whole pages before the lock down.
At final tally, those in favor of AR were ahead 36-19.

A couple stragglers voted after that, pushing the total to just over 67% in favor of AR.

The vote on Heard Reduction was almost exactly opposite, with 67% against HR.

Here's the thread...just in case you're looking to lose a couple hours of your life.
http://forums.fishusa.com/m_359959/mpage_12/key_/tm.htm
2011/02/16 10:12:25
rmcmillen09
Pork  .... Thanks for the thread wasnt aware of its existence, just had knee surgery and was sitting here with a bottle of vicodin to keep me company?
2011/02/16 10:26:41
rmcmillen09
Wow! just opened it you could feel the love on page 1. I suppose a simple Yes/No like James:5 7-12 sais would be enough. Ya know be like a child do you like me ? circle yes if you do or no if you dont....
2011/02/16 11:29:10
tull66
I like you a little.

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2011/02/16 11:57:05
rmcmillen09
Thanks Tull66 gettin a little teary eyed right now 
2011/02/18 16:19:58
mr.crappie
Imo, Those polls proved absolutly nothing. There is only one way to get a accurate vote & that now we have the capability via computers to issue separate license on the spot. I reccomended that the PGC set a 5 yr. moratoriam giving hunters the choice to select for that period whether they want to go to the old system or go with A.R. Unfortunatly the Comm. will not answer my proposal. At the end of the period then see what the actual choice is.Out of the thousands of people registered on this site only approx.75 voted? Now even some of the bioligists agree that there is no real reason for the health of the herd to go with A.R. at least that is what I got from reading some reports in the Penna. Game News & other pubs. Bucks are born with the genes that they are going to pass on,they don't magicaly get them when they get 3 yrs old, Also genes are passed on by females, wich doesn't seem to count for some.If you are serious about protecting the mature bucks,ask yourself ,when are the bucks most vulnerable to hunters, then ask why hunters are allowed to hunt during the rut? As far as most hunters being against H.R. how can the PGC sell so many tags if that is true? If anyone wants to hold off for a mature buck,go for it. Why try to force others to follow your belief? sam
2011/02/18 18:15:55
Esox_Hunter
I have seen piles of AR polls conducted, they all tell the same story, which is that 60-70% of hunters are in favor of ARs in PA.

crappie, no one is trying to protect the mature bucks by any stretch of the imagination. We are trying to protect yearling bucks, and by protecting 50% of them it is working. A mature buck (4.5+YO) is always going to be rare in PA with the amount of hunters we have.
2011/02/18 20:55:59
mr.crappie
I question the need to protect the yearling bucks if that is the reason for A.R. if so many people are in favor of A.R. ,then what would it hurt to go back the way it was. My point is people will say one thing then do another,which is why in my opinion the PGC won't give my method a chance. If you are for A.R. then it shouldn't bother anyone to do so. Same thing for H.R. how many people do you know complain about it, then go and geta doe tag or 3 ? As for how many people are supposed to be for A.R.,I am completely baffled because I can honestly say that from coming in contact with hundreds of hunters at meetings & in the fields here in 2b That the vast majority indicated that they wanted to go back to the way it was.Every meeting that I was at,when polled, the members said the same.I have also talked to more guys this year that said they were quitting because of the present method. sam
2011/02/18 22:10:05
rmcmillen09
mr.crappie I have talked with many of the hunters in our area Albion,Pa. 1-B out of all the hunters maybe 3 or 4 were alright with AR and those guys were always like that wanting big racks. As for the overwhelming majority of people we didn't want AR or the doe slaughter from the day Alt came here with his entourage .  We want the way it was also, the amount of deer we have left now is disheartening from only a couple of years back. Its like esox  sais he wants to protect yearling bucks and 4 and one half year ones are rare. So the majority will take a doe cause they cant see the brow tine . remember 60-70 % want antler restrictions HIS STATEMENT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE DOES IT!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account