2010/09/21 09:45:33
jkrunningdeer
this is a thread for anyone hunting in Ohio this year. Any news of sign, food, weather and of course harvests can post up. I'm hoping to get over there this year for a few archery weekends and just not slug season. Good Luck to everyone venturing west.
2010/09/24 17:33:03
redneck steel
Good luck to all who are hunting ohio this year. Be safe and have a good season. Will update when I can
2010/09/25 17:04:09
nontypical
8 doe this monring. It was 49 degress with a north west wind. Seen a couple rubs that's about it. Sitting in the stand now wind still northwest. Going to be cool in the morning again. Only here for two days then off to arkansas for bear sweason will be back in ohio in november
2010/09/27 10:38:00
redneck steel
No deer yesterday evening but almost a yote. Very vocal. Barked and howled for quite awhile. Had him a 37 yards but stood still for only a split second then gone. Just stated to press the trigger. Maybe next time
2010/09/28 09:17:57
jkrunningdeer
long distance scouting has been limited to all the corn. Nice reports guys. Good luck redneck steel on the yote.
2010/09/28 18:00:14
JLBSR
Hunt'n Ohio is a blast.  I've got a cabin in Marienville but now live in Richland County Ohio.  The deer out here are plentiful and seems much bigger.  Almost everytime I sit in the ladderstand I see deer not like Marienville of the present.  When I was a kid Marienville was the dream come true now the herd has deminished where I hunt.  Ya there's still deer but nothing like the past.  Not trying to stir up the believers that the deer are still there.

JB
2010/10/15 08:54:33
jkrunningdeer
Is any of the corn cut in South East OHIO yet?
2010/10/19 16:51:48
JLBSR
Most corn off now.

JB
2010/10/20 07:57:41
jkrunningdeer
Well I scored on a nice 8 point here in PA last Thursday, so I'll be heading WEST soon. Trying to see what my schedule looks like. I think I'm going to put it off until the end of the month. Hopefully by then some of the big boys will begin to stir. Might try my luck this weekend chasing some fall browns at my camp in Ohiopyle.

JL have you been hunting at all in Ohio yet?
2010/11/01 16:10:47
waspman
I just left Ohio (Knox county)) The rut is on ..Sat the bucks were chasing all day...I couldn't get them to stop so I could get a shot!! I seen 90 deer Sat morning..I'm sure some may have been the same deer..but..they were all going the same direction, so the count may be accurate.6 bucks, 2 were 20 pluss inches. This is my 6th year hunting there. I just can't get those monster bucks close enough. There's always next year..Good luck.J.T.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account