2009/06/07 17:32:52
thedrake
A few pics from today....

...all from my favorite little spring creek that nobody fishes. In fact, I get some pretty strange looks from people when I fish there.
2009/06/07 18:27:03
thedrake
I dont usually take a camera with me on the creek, since I sunk one a year or 2 ago. My current camera, for whatever reason, just started to burn through set of batteries each time I take 4 or 5 pics. It used to take at least 50 before replacing the batteries. The warranty just expired, and i'm buying a new one soon, so it looks like I now have a fishing camera.
2009/06/07 18:44:49
salmotrutta
That's very cool. I have a place like that too. When I fish it I usually get all of my gear ready & have my wife drop me off so I can just jump out & disappear into the underbrush. I like to keep secrets....

2009/06/07 19:06:10
thedrake
You should probably get camo waders and a camo fly rod...
2009/06/07 23:12:26
Cold

ORIGINAL: thedrake

I dont usually take a camera with me on the creek, since I sunk one a year or 2 ago. My current camera, for whatever reason, just started to burn through set of batteries each time I take 4 or 5 pics. It used to take at least 50 before replacing the batteries. The warranty just expired, and i'm buying a new one soon, so it looks like I now have a fishing camera.

Might be the batteries rather than the camera. Mine started doing the same thing last year, and I tried regular batteries in it which were dead within 10 pics...eventually realized that cameras burn through regular batts unbelievable fast, and even the digital camera-specific batts will eventually get so much memory in them that they wont hold a useful charge.
2009/06/07 23:54:22
duncsdad
"In fact, I get some pretty strange looks from people when I fish there."

Just there?

Where's the sucker photos?

Nice pics. 
2009/06/08 00:13:40
thedrake
ORIGINAL: duncsdad

"In fact, I get some pretty strange looks from people when I fish there."

Just there?

Nah, not just there. I get strange looks when I fish other spots, for example, the FFO water on Yellow Creek. I always thought it was because i'm the only guy not using a wooly bugger.

I also get strange looks when I fly fish for bass on the raystown branch. One gentleman was nice enough to tell me "there ain't no trout in there".

2009/06/08 00:15:20
thedrake

I saved the sucker pic for the background on my computer screen.
2009/06/08 07:53:09
duncsdad
ORIGINAL: thedrake

I saved the sucker pic for the background on my computer screen.

How do you choose which one to use?  You probably have hundreds.

Heading to the Little J tonight.  I have an appointment in SC, so will be stopping on the way home.  Won't have computer access after noon.

Plan on being at Alan's at about 5 PM if you want/can meet. 
2009/06/08 09:26:36
SilverKype
nice pics drake.  I ended up working more on the bathroom, again.    I didn't bring my stuff to go fishin' tonight but I may come lookin' for you fellas around 6:30 or so..

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account