2014/04/04 12:38:40
Recman
I enjoy using yellow corn for carp, it's easy to use. I usually pick up a few nice bass on it also. I also caught my 1st and only Golden trout on it. It was a nice surprise.
2014/04/04 14:21:44
FishinGuy
I've been making a back bait/method mix with corn meal, cream corn, millet, dried soy beans, and whatever else I pick up out of my pantry. Pack some tightly around the sinker and put 1-4 pieces of corn on a hair rig and cast it out. My success has easily tripled if not more with the pack bait. Compared to just corn.
2014/04/05 04:21:29
jug
Im a fan of corn too but as Ive mentioned before the carp seem to not want it after the spawn. Im gonna try some pack bait this year much like yours FishinGuy. I was figuring on using creamed corn, cornmeal, and oats.
2014/04/05 16:09:40
pacarper
Bread/bread pack along with maggots as hookbait has been producing best for me so far this year, river carpin' since late Feb.  Like to use some live worms or maggots sometimes when the water is still cold/cool earlier in the year.
(A loaf of) bread is about the most versatile carp bait going, producing year-round, but especially earlier in the year in cooler water, with a variety of ways/forms to fish it. 
Until this past week, the bread/maggot combo was workin' best compared to some other packs I was trying.  But my last couple trips they started rippin' other baits, including hair-rigged boilies with s-beanmeal/oat based pack.  It's good to be able to fish 3 rods now (especially when it's slow, as it can be early in the Spring) to try various baits and experiment.
2019/01/11 16:58:28
Cat DADDY and Son
We pile them up each season, with just a few simple ideas in mind:  scent, depth, presentation

Check out our YouTube channel as we reveal some of the secrets we have learned!
2019/01/14 09:44:48
Cat DADDY and Son
For us, the bloodier the BETTER.  A catfish has over 175,00 taste buds located inside and outside of its body.  Use a bait that will naturally "chum" the area, and they come TO the bait..

Subscribe to our YouTube channel, and we will explain in great detail this season!

Attached Image(s)

2019/04/21 19:52:25
Kid catfisher
I use hot dogs and shrimp/crayfish for catfish. I have never tried fishing for carp before.
2020/10/09 08:22:53
MarkSabier14
I don't know how, but french fries work best, fish bite like crazy. I often use dog or cat food, namely canned, soft

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account