2008/11/26 09:09:21
Ax
Anyone care to hunt ducks on the Yough River this weekend?  I am hunting Thursday AM (Thanksgiving) and then on Saturday 11/29/08.  If anyone is interested let me know.  All you need is waders and a good sense of humor.  The Yough Duck Commanders are a tough crowd. lol
2008/11/28 09:04:08
Ax
Report from Thanksgiving Day.  4 mallards and 1 Goose.  Not a bunch of birds but there were enough to keep it interesting for a little while.
2008/11/29 15:14:33
Wally Cat
Ax, where along the Yough are you hunting ducks? I used to hunt then right at the bottom end of Dawson on a small island. on one side you had the main river and on the other was a small shallow area with some riffles. Great shooting there both up and down the river. Twice in one season I knocked down two birds with a single shot. Haven't done it for a few years now. Don't like to walk the river by myself anymore. 
2008/12/02 09:22:20
Ax
We have been hunting down around Smithton.  Not a single duck on Saturday.  Need some freeze to come in.
2019/07/28 13:18:18
MikeP26
Hello, I know this post is very old, but I came across it because I am interested in hunting the yough river for waterfowl. I am a new water Fowler and am looking for any tips/tricks possible! Or if anyone would want to show a newbie how it’s done I would love to get together for a hunt! Thanks!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account