2012/01/17 10:57:52
stevepf
I know what you mean,it's pouring in Clarion now.My girfriend wants to get out also.We wasted Sunday and most of yesterday and we could have been out on the ice.We were planning on going Thursday but who knows if and when we will get out.
2012/01/17 12:18:58
ToothyCritterGitter
if you have a gps and fishfinder, you can make a map of any lake. i am working on the best map out there for conneaut lake right now. what you do is pick a depth, i started at 11 feet for conneaut because it's where the thickness of weeds tapers off. with your gps and fishfinder, mark every spot where you hit 11 feet all the way around the perimeter of your lake, islands, etc. then move out. i took 17 for my second band because it's where the weeds stop altogether. next one will be 25. when i'm done, i will have a detailed map layed over an aerial satellite photo with coordinates embedded in the map... you can do this for free. upload an excel file of your coordinates at gpsvisualizer.com . can also make hunting/safety maps in case someone needs to rescue you, they know where to look... AMAZING TOOL!!! FREE!!!
2012/01/17 14:33:12
slabdaddy
Sounds awesome! I don't have a GPS though. I know that they make a device that allows you to drive around a lake and it maps the bottom all by itself. Expensive, but cool.

ORIGINAL: ToothyCritterGitter

if you have a gps and fishfinder, you can make a map of any lake. i am working on the best map out there for conneaut lake right now. what you do is pick a depth, i started at 11 feet for conneaut because it's where the thickness of weeds tapers off. with your gps and fishfinder, mark every spot where you hit 11 feet all the way around the perimeter of your lake, islands, etc. then move out. i took 17 for my second band because it's where the weeds stop altogether. next one will be 25. when i'm done, i will have a detailed map layed over an aerial satellite photo with coordinates embedded in the map... you can do this for free. upload an excel file of your coordinates at gpsvisualizer.com . can also make hunting/safety maps in case someone needs to rescue you, they know where to look... AMAZING TOOL!!! FREE!!!

2012/01/17 14:44:46
slabdaddy
I know. It's disheartening. I've been waiting since last March to get back out on the ice and it almost looks as though I won't get a chance. Depressing. I wonder what the odds are that it'll be fishable on Saturday?
2012/01/17 15:23:33
Road Runner
Highly unlikely just my guess
2012/01/17 20:28:39
slabdaddy
Unfortunately, I think you are right... JEEZ!

ORIGINAL: Road Runner

Highly unlikely just my guess

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account