2012/01/16 15:18:35
HaveJeepCanGo
must be a steelhead fisherman...
2012/01/16 17:54:52
stevepf
We stopped by Kahle this evening on the south side.There were 6 vehicles in the lot and guys were on the ice.Some had gone out to the left and right off the ramp and there were a couple out from the woods at the end of the lot where you drive down in.There was also 1 guy out on the north side.I have no idea how much ice there is as it was raining and I wasn't dressed to go and check.
2012/01/16 18:22:00
psu_fish
35 miles is nothing if you call yourself an ice fisher
2012/01/16 18:38:23
psu_fish
ORIGINAL: HaveJeepCanGo

I fish for steel like 2-3 times a year..I'll watch the gauge before going instead of trolling the board. Kahle is like 10 mins from me, but I dont ice fish. I'm a good 75 miles from Pymy simple check of weather then fish on!

Be man and go out and find your own spots, more fun that way....
2012/01/16 18:39:08
slabdaddy
Thank you for the update Sir. It is very much appreciated.
ORIGINAL: stevepf

We stopped by Kahle this evening on the south side.There were 6 vehicles in the lot and guys were on the ice.Some had gone out to the left and right off the ramp and there were a couple out from the woods at the end of the lot where you drive down in.There was also 1 guy out on the north side.I have no idea how much ice there is as it was raining and I wasn't dressed to go and check.

2012/01/16 18:41:15
slabdaddy
Feel better now? LOL!

ORIGINAL: psu_fish

ORIGINAL: HaveJeepCanGo

I fish for steel like 2-3 times a year..I'll watch the gauge before going instead of trolling the board. Kahle is like 10 mins from me, but I dont ice fish. I'm a good 75 miles from Pymy simple check of weather then fish on!

Be man and go out and find your own spots, more fun that way....

2012/01/16 22:53:09
ToothyCritterGitter
i see what you mean. it's why i don't post topics on here anymore, just share when i can, maybe check ice conditions. was trying to trade the maps i have to try and score a woodcock map. only ones i have seen either show gps coord. of some cribs, or a hand drawn map. nothing with depth bands. finally scored a kinzua map. going to scan it on a wide format. that'll take one hell of a tip for me to send, i paid cash for it. i also use this forum to save myself driving to every lake on earth to find safe ice. without this forum, more guys would chance it because they came all that way. safety in numbers man....
2012/01/17 05:11:00
NeFiShNeTiMe
+1 toothy. People just need to settle there self down. Its fishing there are many fish in many spots. Don't see what the big problem with sharing some info is???
2012/01/17 05:53:17
slabdaddy
AMEN brothers. The lakes are big. Plenty of room, plenty of fish. I help people every chance that I get. Once in a while it pays off and someone helps me too. It's how we learn. I know nothing of Woodcock or I'd help you out there. I wish I could get one for Kahle, but as far as I know, none exist.
2012/01/17 10:15:13
slabdaddy
ugh! Rain and warm today! I was praying for ice for this coming weekend. I have two little boys (5, and 4)who have never been on the ice and are dying to try. I've been promising them "next weekend, next weekend" and then next weekend comes and there is no ice. If I could afford the gas, I'd take them way up north and chase the ice, but ALAS! No GAS!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account