2012/01/01 20:44:11
psu_fish
I can really say I've seen carp in Kahle. I've seen some monster snapping turtles though. I've seen musky tailing too

With the water so low, I may just lift the jon boat off the trailer at the water's edge instead of backing into the lake.  
2012/01/02 10:16:29
slabdaddy
Same here! I bent over to knock the ice out of my hole and "PLOP" right into the drink. Nuttin' but Net. Made me sick. I had an 8gb micro SD card in that phone with all kinds of movies and pics of my babies on it. Oh well, lesson learned. LOL! Nice and cold today. We have a little bit of snow too. If this keeps up, maybe we'll actually get to fish it within the next two weeks.
2012/01/02 10:22:01
slabdaddy
I'll second the comment about the monster snappers! I saw one last summer that would have a hard time fitting in a wash tub. That thing was a monster! I also saw plenty of muskies. The one evening I was out after crappie, I kept seeing muskies skimming the surface. The entire dorsal fin and tail would be out. There were at least two fish. I saw this happen 6 or 7 times in an hour. It could have been the same 2 fish or as many as 7 fish. Couldn't tell. One was really big, the other was a bit smaller. All of the other ones were hard to judge. As far as the carp go, every time I see them, they are in the thick weeds in about 4-6 FOW. Hope that helps.
ORIGINAL: psu_fish

I can really say I've seen carp in Kahle. I've seen some monster snapping turtles though. I've seen musky tailing too

With the water so low, I may just lift the jon boat off the trailer at the water's edge instead of backing into the lake.  

2012/01/02 10:54:57
stevepf
Had a Musky hit a small Bluegill there last Spring,got it to shore and my line snapped.
2012/01/05 09:20:16
slabdaddy
Anyone check the ice on Kahle lately? I can't wait to get out on it this year. Please let me know as soon as you hear that it's fishable. Thank you.
2012/01/10 19:27:31
slabdaddy
Has anyone checked it for ice lately?
2012/01/15 23:16:31
slabdaddy
Still waiting for ice. Anyone do any recon yet?
2012/01/16 10:11:03
psu_fish
get out and look for yourself
2012/01/16 11:44:54
slabdaddy
If I didn't live 35 miles away, I would. I just figured that there might be someone who lived closer that has checked it out lately and could give me an update. I'm not sure why you took it upon yourself to be rude about it. Hopefully you feel better now. Have a nice day.
2012/01/16 13:55:09
Bogeyjoker

ORIGINAL: psu_fish

get out and look for yourself

Wow....yeah, not nice.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account