2012/02/01 07:51:16
Pachuckles
Sure enough folks, we had our "January " thaw this year. It started on the 6th. of January and ended....well I just don't know...... but I'd say for sure some time in February. 58* not too bad for the 31st. of January and 50* today the 1st. of February with rain. Guess my ice fishing season is over. Drove past Conneaut lake yesterday...open water from the condos north as far as I could see.
Well, look on the bright side of this. My heating bills were lower this winter and just maybe we'll have an early Spring.
2012/02/01 08:26:38
chauncy
Feels like i wasted my money by putting my boat in storage on Dec.3 last season. Could have fished all of Dec. and most of Jan. Probably pull it out of storage early too. At least you saved some money on your heating bill. My heat is included in my apartment rent. Guess the building made a big profit too.
2012/02/01 09:04:30
Pachuckles
chauncy....some days/weeks/months it just don't pay to try to beat the market....LOL
With Conn.lake being open... think we'll be fishing soft water soon?
2012/02/01 14:41:29
chauncy
Can't say for sure with the way this weather is acting. I'm still holding hope for at least a couple weeks of ice.
2012/02/01 19:01:22
Ymesss
Was fishing from shore at woodcock sunday, water was low after drowdown as usual. Went today to scope it out for boating this weekend, waters down atleast another 6 feet... I have no idea why they have drawn it down this low....

Anywho no ice there as well.
2012/02/01 20:40:25
mr.crappie
As long as I can remember,in the southwest area, we have always had open water by the end of Feb. so if this holds true & we do get safe ice,it should provide great fishing, since it will be early ice & late ice at the same time. I hear that is when the best ice fishing is. lol sam

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account