2012/01/25 18:01:05
bigbob
this place looks sooooo good. i have tryed it 3 times last winter, little luck, few pike, bass etc. it is impossible to get info on this lake. if anybody cares to share...........thanks in advance. also, we will be trying it again this saturday if anybody is interested.
2012/01/25 18:39:20
wade alexander
what are you fishing for? will probably be able to take the boat out after the rain tommorow lol
2012/01/25 19:00:25
bigbob
game commissioner told me about the huge musky.............we will be fishing for musky first and foremost. but if a large pike/bass wants to hit that creek chub, that will be fine also.
2012/01/25 19:04:43
wade alexander
i know its been stocked in the past... dont think by the state tho,  is such a small body of water that anyone that does do well prolly wont say much.  u think ice will be safe? wilhelm  looked pretty thin
2012/01/25 19:22:31
bigbob
fished sugar over the weekend and it had great ice. sandy is in the same area, and is about the same size etc. so i do believe it WILL have safe ice. if it doesn't, i will go to sugar again. what happened to tamarack it is like the dead sea lately? last two years, i haven't been able to do any good there.
2012/01/25 20:58:03
Ymesss
ORIGINAL: bigbob

fished sugar over the weekend and it had great ice. sandy is in the same area, and is about the same size etc. so i do believe it WILL have safe ice. if it doesn't, i will go to sugar again. what happened to tamarack it is like the dead sea lately? last two years, i haven't been able to do any good there.

It seems more likely then ever that red spot has hit the muskies hard there im afraid... I'm not sure on this but have heard the rumors. 
2012/01/25 21:08:59
mymuskyateyourbass
ORIGINAL: bigbob

Have seen some healthy fish there in recent years but have also seen my share of BIG heads and skinny bodies come up too.  Forage base is way out of balance there, same problem occurring at eaton res. lots of small skinny fish with only an occasional good one.
2012/01/25 22:55:30
anatikus
i think its poor genetics......pa should introduce slot limits on toothy fish.
2012/01/26 00:45:05
I live in Stoneboro. The lake is not even close to be frozen over. Just some general information the lake is privately owned. The owner generously allows people to fish it. What time are you planning to fish? I can alert the fire department to have people standing by.
2012/01/26 06:39:23
bigbob
well, sugar lake it is, thanks 3799
ORIGINAL: 3799

I live in Stoneboro. The lake is not even close to be frozen over. Just some general information the lake is privately owned. The owner generously allows people to fish it. What time are you planning to fish? I can alert the fire department to have people standing by.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account