2012/01/19 17:44:30
ToothyCritterGitter
i will be there sat afternoon if it's safe.
2012/01/19 17:49:20
eyeassassin
any updates or info you can give would be great i have never fished there but i will be at my grandfathers in pymi.
2012/01/19 17:56:33
ToothyCritterGitter
u got it
2012/01/19 21:01:16
nw/jigmaster
Check Out The PA ICE FISHING thread on here...NW/
2012/01/21 19:11:01
ToothyCritterGitter
Fished the afternoon on the south end. Lots of guys out. Tip ups as far as the eye can see. No muskies. If you want a dry run, go have at it. If you want to catch fish, wait for the next lake to open up.
2012/01/23 10:05:26
mupearha8ter
Nothing like having idiots set up in the middle of your tipup field.  I was rapidly reminded why I enjoy fishing from my boat way more than ice fishing.  I hope the rain melts all the lakes so I can get the boat wet next weekend!
2012/01/23 11:27:05
BASS ACKWARDS

ORIGINAL: mupearha8ter

Nothing like having idiots set up in the middle of your tipup field.  I was rapidly reminded why I enjoy fishing from my boat way more than ice fishing.  I hope the rain melts all the lakes so I can get the boat wet next weekend!

Well Mup.....when you have very few options for safe ice, and 40 people trying to fish (and claim stake) on 1 acre of a 550 acre impoundment, things get tight. I was out there....and very well might have been the one who walked through and set up in between your tip-ups. There were many groups of people out and tip ups everywhere, I could not tell who's was who's.......next time, have enough balls to come and say something. Big talker on the IE eh....little man on the ice eh.

If you were the one using plain wooden tipups....I very well could be the guy your looking for...and calling an idiot. Next time grow a sack and say something.....

When you set up tip ups 20-30 feet apart around many other people....expect that it is going to happen.

Lot's of people and good company, with the exception of this douch apparently.

Other than that, I had a blast. Friday night was great for small crappie.....Saturday mornign had an agressive 4" bluegill bite, Satuday night actually picked up a couple 8-9 inch crappie, missed a ski on a large spoon on Sunday morning. Talked to alot of people and everyone was just out enjoying time with their friends and family.....and some nice fish caught for Tamarack.

It was nice to get out and I only encountered one person who acted like a fool....it was a guy and his little kid (drove a white sunbird). Everyone else was parking appropriatly and he decided to just park right behind everyone. I about took his door off when I backed out. He was also screaming at his little boy cause he lost a cleat on the ice. Well Dad, teach him to put them on correctly and it wouldn't happen. He certainly got my vote for Dad of the year.....
2012/01/23 12:18:52
saltydog
1 acre on 550. Well I guess that leaves you 549 acres to fish and you set up in the guys tip ups. Nice. I guess that manners and common sense are things of the past.
2012/01/23 13:00:03
frost
That's all that had safe ice to fish on. Had the whole lake or other lakes been safe it wouldnt have been like that. 95% of those guys probably have never fished there before but wanted to get out on the ice and when they see it's safe ice on all these different forums they flocked to it.

It's the same as Pymy in the spring when it's the only place to catch and keep walleye. There's people that only fish there because of that reason it's the only place to cure cabin fever and keep fish.
2012/01/23 17:25:02
ToothyCritterGitter
DRIVES A SUNFIRE AND DOESN'T TEACH HIS KID TO LOSE STUFF BEFORE HE HAS IT FOR 5 MINUTES. MY KID SOMETIMES HAS HIS HEAD UP HIS****AND FOR AN 11 YEAR OLD, TYPICAL. YOU DON'T MAKE A MAN OUT OF A KID BY BUYING HIM ANOTHER SET OF CLEATS WHEN HE LOSES THE FIRST IN 5 MINUTES... YOU WOULD'T KNOW A THING ABOUT BEING FATHER OF THE YEAR. AS FAR AS PARKING, THERE WAS PLENTY OF SPACE. DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE CAR PARKED BEHIND ME. I SUGGEST YOU YAP ABOUT SOMETHING LIKE FISHING.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account