2012/01/16 04:53:51
Frenchmason
Anybody checked the ice at kahle yet i think i mite head over there thursday .
2012/01/16 11:48:09
slabdaddy
I just asked the same thing on the other thread and someone was rude enough to say "Go check yourself." I thought that the purpose of these forums was to communicate stuff like that. Oh well. Not everyone can be civil. If I make it up there, I'll let you know what I find out. Please do the same for me. Let me know how you do on Thursday. PM me. I know the lake fairly well. If you're not very familiar with it, I could maybe give you a few pointers.

ORIGINAL: Frenchmason

Anybody checked the ice at kahle yet i think i mite head over there thursday .

2012/01/16 18:17:11
stevepf
We stopped by Kahle this evening on the south side.There were 6 vehicles in the lot and guys were on the ice.Some had gone out to the left and right off the ramp and there were a couple out from the woods at the end of the lot where you drive down in.There was also 1 guy out on the north side.I have no idea how much ice there is as it was raining and I wasn't dressed to go and check.
2012/01/19 15:44:55
Frenchmason
I didnt make it overto kahle today hopefully saturday ill let you guys know what i find .
2012/01/20 08:23:12
slabdaddy
If you check before Sat, let me know. Maybe I'll see you there on Sat if the ice is good
2012/01/20 13:19:44
Frenchmason
My brother and friend was over at kahle this morning found 4" of ice guys fishing out in the middle of lake also we are going to give it a go saturday morning . I will post if we do any good might be are only chance at decent ice going to get warm starting sunday. Should make ice all day today and tonight it only 20 here now.
2012/01/20 13:53:55
slabdaddy
thank you very much
2012/01/20 18:03:55
Hickabilly
Is anyone planing on fishing Kahle on Sunday? My fishn buddy (Sgt Major) won't call in sick to go. Some ice fisherman..lol Was wondering if I could hook up with someone. I think it will make me feel better with first ice. Safety in numbers. Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks!!!

P.S. Is there any bait shops near by? Would be coming in from 38 S.
2012/01/20 18:58:56
Sergeant Major
Ok Hickabilly that really hurt when your boss tells you to take a sick day lol You can do it just put one foot infront of the other. If it helps just close your eyes while your doing it. Good Luck and I would love to be there with you but you know the deal.
2012/01/22 12:02:50
slabdaddy
I made it out on Kahle yesterday. There were 4 good inches of ice, but I was a little nervous. 5 inches of snow on the ice added a lot of extra weight and I'm a pretty big boy myself. I didn't care for the cracking and popping noises it made as I walked across certain spots. As far as the fishing went, it was kinda slow with only about 15 keepers (crappie 10-13") between 3 of us. I hear it made about an inch last night, so it should be good to fish on today.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account