2012/01/14 01:07:27
anatikus
I fish almost anywhere.....for pretty much everything.... very serious about it too.
2012/01/14 14:02:54
Bogeyjoker
ORIGINAL: NeFiShNeTiMe

That's a different story I seem to feel its the dead sea when I go out there. Only catch 3" perch. IV seen people catch eyes Pike n muski. If you look in last year posts there is a map with some depths on it

I agree.  It's ten minutes from my house and I never fish it anymore.  The panfish are stunted and the walleye are scarce and on the smaller side too.  Pleasant is close to home too and I rarely fish there either...I'm not a trout guy, although there are some decent pannies in there if you can find them.  There are many more productive lakes in the area. 
2012/01/14 14:08:32
bingsbaits

ORIGINAL: Bogeyjoker

ORIGINAL: NeFiShNeTiMe

That's a different story I seem to feel its the dead sea when I go out there. Only catch 3" perch. IV seen people catch eyes Pike n muski. If you look in last year posts there is a map with some depths on it

I agree.  It's ten minutes from my house and I never fish it anymore.  The panfish are stunted and the walleye are scarce and on the smaller side too.  Pleasant is close to home too and I rarely fish there either...I'm not a trout guy, although there are some decent pannies in there if you can find them.  There are many more productive lakes in the area. 

Me too. Haven't wasted my time on there in years.
2012/01/14 18:33:35
Catchabigone
2012/01/26 01:42:01
anatikus
has anyone seen the lake lately? any fishable ice?
2012/01/26 18:15:37
eyes362
my buddy an i fish that lake spring,summer and winter (ice fishing) we catch plenty of muskies,northerns,and walleye. you just have to know the lake. took us years to do so. plenty of nice fish to be caught.
2012/01/26 20:20:16
Bogeyjoker
ORIGINAL: eyes362

my buddy an i fish that lake spring,summer and winter (ice fishing) we catch plenty of muskies,northerns,and walleye. you just have to know the lake. took us years to do so. plenty of nice fish to be caught.

Back in the 80's and early 90's, I used to chase crappie, northerns and walleye on Canadohta, and did very well.  The northern fishing is still good, I've got Erie and Pymy for 'eyes and, well the crappie action has declined over the last twenty years.
2012/01/26 21:05:09
anatikus
wooooooaaaaa? aint nothing on the decline there....sure, the amish hold a slaughterfest during the spring crappie run but other than that theres never been a bacterial fish kill, and most people are lost trying to fish it. im just hopeful the comission puts it on the big bass program.
2012/01/26 21:23:23
bingsbaits

ORIGINAL: anatikus

wooooooaaaaa? aint nothing on the decline there....sure, the amish hold a slaughterfest during the spring crappie run but other than that theres never been a bacterial fish kill, and most people are lost trying to fish it. im just hopeful the comission puts it on the big bass program.

Links on the bacterial fish kill please.

Canadohta has been on a decline for 10 years or better.
Musky fishing is in the crapper now. (I blame that on the kill tournament they used to have. Watched way to many legal Musky getting drug across the ice during that tourny.)

Panfishing isn't near what it used to be. Crappies are down and the perch are small.

Still a few Northerns around the weedbeds.

Walleyes are hit and miss, have had some really good days when the stars align but many a Skunkin too.
Just my opinion after fishing it for 40 years.
2012/01/26 21:29:02
NeFiShNeTiMe
How about a ice report???

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account