2012/02/14 11:03:38
BoroMusky
Regardless... Me personally, would love to see them around here. Even if they were only put in non-kettle lakes or in lakes where they don't brood stock. Ex: Pyma, Wilhelm, Woodcock etc
2012/02/14 12:35:51
anzomcik
Woodcock is a brood stock lake, and Pmy is not fall under the brrod stock resitrictions, how ever they do trap net the no fishing zone to get fish for stocking... so it is almost the same as a brood stock, and not be in the best interest of the PFBC to put in tigers.

try fishing justus lake, it is relativily close

If you personally have a passion to have them stocked locally, why dont you get in touch with the PFBC. They have a office in meadville. Your ideas will not do much to get the ball rolling on the forum. Take them to the PFBC, they are the people who can do somthing about it.
2012/02/14 13:51:02
bubblegumworm
Piney reservoir and Kahle Lake gets tigers. Stands to reason that since the Allegheny River has naturally reproducing pike there could be some natual tigers with the muskie population though the chances might be slim. I caught a 36" tiger recently in an area not stocked with them since 2004. Could be an eight year old fish or could be too young, I'm not sure. Last year I got a 33" tiger from an area with no history of tiger stocking, not to say one didn't slip in.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account