2012/02/15 21:29:33
Sergeant Major
I finally got on the ice today fishing!!!!! My wife is happy also. Let me explain. I have been watching the ice closely on WIlhelm or better yet the lack of. I have noticed a area by the Dam that was froze before the last cold front today with most of the lake wide open I decided to walk across the dams breast works and check this ice out. The water gets really deep fast on that side of the shore line. I drilled my first hole just 5 ft off shore and found 4.5 inches of ice. I got really excited and proceeded to drill holes father out and up the shore line the ice on every hole was between 3 inches and 4 ½ but I did not make it more than 30 yards off shore because it seemed to get thinner the father out you got. I was far enough out to be sitting on 4 inches of ice in 23ft of water and was marking fish. I started fishing at 3pm and quit at 630pm. I caught about 50 mostly crappie with a couple of perch and blue gill. The biggest crappie was 12 inches and I caught 2 11 inchers and the rest were less than 10 inches. I did loose a couple that I new was keepers. The main thing is I was fishing on the ice. I will be going out again in the morning.
2012/02/15 23:40:36
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Glad to hear you finally got out and had a busy day reeling in fish.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account