2012/01/20 22:34:25
steelhead1994
cool... thanks, ill let u know if i do any good... wont get out till 4ish, hopefully the ice thickens up a bit by then
2012/01/20 22:39:20
steelhead1994
p.s. i normally go trolling for eyes in the spring and early fall b4 the weeds get too thick... normally troll about 12ft and do pretty good on chrome blue hot-n-tots then take a pink sharpie and color in the lip in seems to work pretty well... crappie and largemouths love em too :)
2012/01/21 16:58:18
Sergeant Major
Today’s ice check took place between 3 pm and 4 pm. The first spot was just before boat launch 1 were I found 4 inches of ice 15 yards off shore and were the snow is covering the ice 30 yards out it was pretty consistent at 3 inches.

The next stop was at triple posts just before boat launch 2 they ice there was kind of disappointing I expected more than 2 to 3 inches 20 ft out.

At boat launch 2 boat ramp the ice was 3 inches

Boats launch 3 was 3½ to 4 inches pretty consistent 30 yards out.

The stumps had 2 shanties (Dutchmen) fishing the south side of the island. I decide to take the long walk in to find out just how thick the ice was. When I stepped out on the ice and drilled my first hole it was 4 inches the second hole out towards the 2 shanties about 20 yards from the first showed the ice at 2 ½. I was surprised and figured it to be a fluke but the next hole came up with only 2 ¾. The men fishing out of the shanties were another 100 yds out. The ice in some places was very nice under foot but other places there was slush of about 3 inches before hitting the good ice. I will be checking again tomorrow and hopefully I will be able to give you a fishing report
2012/01/22 16:03:40
steelhead1994
hey i went out by the stumps and busted thru right as i was drilling to check the thickness luckily it was only waist deep... so i went to check out kahle... it was wery solid at about 4.5 to 5.5in everywhere i checked... caught 3 crappie and 1/2 a dozen gills... guy i was talking to said the crappie rlly turn on about 10:30... gonna have to go check it out
2012/01/22 19:03:08
Sergeant Major
I am very happy you’re alright. I guess I just got lucky last night when I drilled the holes down by the island and saw the thickness. I sure am glad I decided not to chance fishing with my son. I went to the lake tonight about 3pm and took all my gear with me. I was down next to boat launch 1. I drilled my first hole about 15ft from shore and found 4inches but as soon as walked on the snow covered ice and drilled it was only 2 ½ inches I tried again but the results were the same. Well I got some practice loading and unloading my equipment tonight. I wonder how much the next 24 hrs are going to set us back.
2012/01/22 19:14:31
anatikus
that sucks hard.... i keep having a dream that im drilling a hole, ....bust through and the power auger gets hung up on my leg and drags me to the bottom. its not a cool dream at all.
2012/01/22 21:51:29
slabdaddy
Are you serious? ROTFLMO! I'm sorry, but that's funny! I needed a good laugh. Thank you. I'm glad I'm not having that dream, and I hope that nothing like that ever happens, but when I read it, I lost it. LOL! I thought I had some messed up dreams...
ORIGINAL: anatikus

that sucks hard.... i keep having a dream that im drilling a hole, ....bust through and the power auger gets hung up on my leg and drags me to the bottom. its not a cool dream at all.

2012/01/22 22:48:25
anatikus
well, im glad my pain amuses you..lol! honestly, its better than the one i had last year...... last years had to do with the ice breaking on a snow covered pie crack directly under my suitcase style hut.....the hut collapsed in on me and dragged me to the bottom...... not cool at all.
2012/01/23 08:34:48
slabdaddy
Wow! You must have some very primal fears about falling through! I had a dream last night that I was in the NEIT tournament on Kahle (Feb 5) and I drilled a hole full of fish. I was the first person there. Then I realized that I forgot some equiptment and while I went back to my truck to look for it, everyone else showed up and took my spot and I didn't have anywhere to fish. I woke up at 4:30AM, all upset because people stole my hole! I guess I'm a little anxious about the tourney. LOL!
ORIGINAL: anatikus

well, im glad my pain amuses you..lol! honestly, its better than the one i had last year...... last years had to do with the ice breaking on a snow covered pie crack directly under my suitcase style hut.....the hut collapsed in on me and dragged me to the bottom...... not cool at all.

2012/01/28 19:37:09
Sergeant Major
I took a ride over to the lake today. I had to work up the nerve. I am so tired of being disappointed with the ice. There was still ice from boat launch 1 to the dam but after that it was open water. The extended forecast shows cold weather coming. I will let you know when its on again

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account