2012/01/18 18:30:54
frost

ORIGINAL: eyeassassin

HEY FROST
thanks for all the updates you have been giving us. it means alot.

Like I said before its no problem with me living 5 mins from the lake. This site was helpful when I lived in Pittsburgh so I didn't make a trip up for nothing so I'm just returning the favor now that I live here. Especially with gas the way it is I would hate to see people driving for nothing.
2012/01/18 18:55:56
ToothyCritterGitter
great info...
2012/01/18 21:32:37
NeFiShNeTiMe
From what I read 10 years ago In 02 there was not much ice with a mild winter. Hopefully next year we get ice in october ;-)
2012/01/18 21:46:04
NeFiShNeTiMe
I really wish it would freeze or stay open so we can just fish!!!!
2012/01/18 22:05:06
Bogeyjoker
In 2005 (I think) I had to head WAY north the first week in Feb. to find fishable ice.  This is nothing new...just annoying. 
2012/01/19 09:08:04
frost
Yeah if this keeps up I'm going to launch the kayak and use the ice rods so they don't feel left out. Then I'm going to use the floating life rings and set the tip ups through them. It's still 5 devices seeing I'm using ice gear on open water right?
2012/01/19 09:45:28
Cold

ORIGINAL: frost

Yeah if this keeps up I'm going to launch the kayak and use the ice rods so they don't feel left out. Then I'm going to use the floating life rings and set the tip ups through them. It's still 5 devices seeing I'm using ice gear on open water right?

If you do that, might as well get a grappling hook and bring your rigs in Deadliest Catch style.

Also: Pics and/or video. Definitely.
2012/01/19 10:16:22
fishinpreacher
Frost, I was thinkin along the same lines- put my 12' boat in, take a innertube along, tie it to the side of by boat, drop transducer for the Marcum down middle of tube, and jig with my ice rod! Think it'll work?
2012/01/19 11:16:13
NeFiShNeTiMe
Awesome!!! Ill figure out a way to attach my flip shanty on the boat!! It'll be the new age open water ice fishing . .
2012/01/19 12:57:31
frost
Ok we're thinking one person fishing here I want to go out with a group, so we get a pontoon open up a 6 man ice shack drill holes through the floor and we can go as a group. Safety in numbers while "ice" fishing.

Ok you might be a crazy if... you start thinking of ways to use your ice gear on open water because it's middle of January and there is no ice yet.

Anyhow, I'll be checking here in about an hour and will update everyone.

And cold i got those video glasses for a reason! You know I will YouTube that when I do it. I'm thinking with the weather they're calling for if the lakes stay open and we get a light or a south wind I'm going to take the fly rod out for some like in the shallows out of the yak.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account