2012/01/15 09:04:21
icelady
Was 9 degrees this mornin in Espyville. Come on ICE !!
2012/01/15 10:16:54
Pachuckles
icelady ....it was -1 in Conneaut Lake this morning at 5:30 a.m.
Now that's making ice!!
2012/01/15 10:40:56
Pachuckles
Yep...it always get a degree or two colder before the sun comes up. But it's "MAKEIN ICE."
2012/01/15 11:18:01
frost
Drove across the causeway and it's locked up again. The new ice had no snow on it and was solid black so that's good, let's just hope it holds with 2 days and a night of above freezing temps and rain.
2012/01/15 20:47:14
frost
7degs getting out of the truck 15mins ago. Let's hope it drops some more! It may last the next 2 days. Guess we'll see what mother nature actually has in store for us.
2012/01/15 21:36:40
frost
O yeah she has. She was very nice to us last winter then won't even give us a chance to get out this year. It'll be interesting to see what this spring and summer will bring if the temps stay warm like this. If we don't get a good freeze that water will warm up way to much and way to quick to be healthy for the fish
2012/01/17 08:09:54
frost
Well ther is still ice, it's 42 and raining with a high of 52 and rain all day. Tonight they are calling for 2+in of snow with 2+ more tomorrow. The ice was covered in water from the rain all night. I'll be going around checking again later to see how it holds up with the rain and temps throughout the day, but I had to take the fiancée to work so I figured I would at least check now to see if it held over night. if you go out anywhere make sure you have the cleats it's real slick from the water and no snow. I tried walking out some, but with no cleats I just about busted my **** a few times so I'll try that again later also.
2012/01/17 11:39:56
eyeassassin
here is the updated weather from the noaa it doesnt look great but there are some cold nights in there
This Afternoon: Showers likely, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 51. Breezy, with a south wind between 18 and 23 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Tonight: Rain showers before 10pm, then rain and snow showers between 10pm and 11pm, then snow showers after 11pm. Low around 24. Breezy, with a west wind between 21 and 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Wednesday: Periods of snow showers, mainly before 3pm. High near 25. Breezy, with a northwest wind 17 to 20 mph decreasing to between 8 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Wednesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Calm wind becoming south between 10 and 13 mph.

Thursday: A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a high near 30. Breezy, with a southwest wind between 17 and 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Thursday Night: Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 14. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Friday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23.

Friday Night: A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 20. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Saturday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29.

Sunday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45.

Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.

Monday: Partly sunny, with a high near 44.

2012/01/17 12:08:46
frost
As long as all this rain, warm temps and wind from today doesn't open it back up we should be alright for a few days of fishing. With temps below freezing for 3 days and 5 nights it will freeze. If it opens up today especially with the winds it's not going to freeze right away. It's like mother nature is testing us to see how much we can deal with. Freezing temps just long enough to lock the lake then warm and rain to open it up again.

I'll be heading out to see how much damage the weather did in a couple more hours

Just checked accuweather for linesville, it's looking better. I know the weather changes hourly and extended forecasts are never accurate, but tonight is 21 with the next 4 nights being in the teens and the highs in the mid 20's then 5 days with 30's - low 40's for highs but nights below freezing and only Tuesday with rain then back down into the teens for lows and 30's- low 40's for highs again the last 5 days of the forecast.

With these next few days of below freezing days and teen nights it'll put the finishing touches on it then the below freezing nights and slightly above days will seal it nicely. It's coming Pymy will be fished through the ice soon! (knock on wood).
2012/01/17 13:06:18
eyeassassin
and we still have the month of feb. We are not going to get a winter like we had last year every year but we will get ice. I am confident we will be fishing all of feb.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account