2012/01/13 08:41:16
frost
Just checked the weather. Not good at all!!! I'm putting the ice stuff away and getting out the boat and swim shorts. Upper 30's to upper 40's for the rest of the month starting next Monday. Only 3 days with a below freezing temp. It's not looking like we're getting an ice year. I can't remember a year without ice since I started ice fishing 10 years ago or so.
2012/01/13 10:07:54
eyeassassin
here is the forcast from noaa
Today: Snow and widespread blowing snow. High near 18. Wind chill values as low as zero. Breezy, with a west wind around 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow and widespread blowing snow. Low around 17. West wind between 9 and 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Saturday: Snow showers. High near 23. West wind between 9 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Saturday Night: Snow showers likely, mainly before 8pm. Cloudy, with a low around 14. West wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Sunday: A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a high near 24. West wind between 8 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.

M.L.King Day: A chance of snow showers after noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Monday Night: A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Tuesday: Rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Tuesday Night: A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 19. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Wednesday: A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 24. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Wednesday Night: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Thursday: Cloudy, with a high near 25.
2012/01/13 12:27:40
frost
Check out the accuweather monthly forecast. They show the history average, we are definitely raising the average this year. Average for most of January is high of 33 and a low of 17. Why can't this be an average year?
2012/01/13 16:20:11
thunderpole
Think it will be open tomorrow? Im trying to get a goose hunt in
2012/01/13 18:44:31
Bogeyjoker
Forget the monthly forecast Frost.  They can't accurately predict what's going to happen tomorrow, much less the rest of the month.  It'll get cold...just not as quickly as we'd like.
2012/01/13 19:26:59
slab nabbit

ORIGINAL: thunderpole

Think it will be open tomorrow? Im trying to get a goose hunt in

South end by dam,looked slushed /iced over at 6 pm when we went by. Shenango was wide open and saw geese on it when we went over this evening. Good luck.
2012/01/13 19:35:13
rooster
ya the local weather says warmest day being 38 with the low that night of 12 so we will be fine
2012/01/13 21:25:16
thunderpole
Tthanks slab habit figured it would a bit but I got trapping gloves and a sledge to solve that lol Gona be a cold wet hunt tomorrow hope we jack em up weather man is always wrong ....
2012/01/14 00:18:37
frost
I know the weather is never right especially the extended forecast but I was just saying that the monthly outlook after the next 15 days just has the average over however long they've been keeping records. It said 33 as the average high and 17 for the average low. So far tho this month has been way out of the average.

Lots of snow and still snowing up here, I'm hunting geese in a field tomorrow. Taking the shovel and making a nice big feeding hole with green grass showing. I'm gonna ring the breakfast bell for them with that and about 10doz full bodies and 4doz shells. If nothing else at least the spread will look good haha. Ton of birds up here if only they'll cooperate with me
2012/01/14 13:48:14
thunderpole
Frost.....the decoys always look nice my friend but done matter if the birds done show I didn't go this morning was at the bar till close New it wasent good idea

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account