2012/02/26 00:06:19
ToothyCritterGitter
holy gps coordinate spot burn batman... what a gift!
2012/02/26 00:47:31
eyesandgillz

ORIGINAL: ToothyCritterGitter

holy gps coordinate spot burn batman... what a gift!

Ha ha, not offshore on Erie, new year, new locations, now if it was inshore structure

2012/02/26 00:49:12
Bogeyjoker
lol...there is no "spot burn" on Erie.  Here today...gone tomorrow.
2012/02/26 09:48:51
chauncy
ORIGINAL: ICE NUT

Jerry,
Here is a pic of my 998 on Lake erie.Those vee's are walleyes.The SI is good also but my only advise is get the biggest screen you can afford.otherwise you will have to sit right in front of it to see anything.

Those are some nice hooks. Was it this day?

Didn't get our limits but had a good day just the same.
2012/02/26 11:16:39
ToothyCritterGitter
just found it funny to see a picture of a screen full of fish with the gps coordinates right on it... love it!!
2012/02/26 12:24:28
JerryS
ORIGINAL: ICE NUT

Jerry,
Here is a pic of my 998 on Lake erie.Those vee's are walleyes.The SI is good also but my only advise is get the biggest screen you can afford.otherwise you will have to sit right in front of it to see anything.

Thanks Ice Nut. I could probably afford any fish finder out there, but do I want to spend that much is the question. I guess I am lucky to have such difficult decisions.

Will my fish catch rate continue to increase as I spend more? Probably not. I would be better off just following Chauncy's red Lund. lol.

It seems the screen size becomes more important when in the split screen mode. I am considering keeping my old unit installed and mounting the new unit next to it. I would use the old unit for the 2D sonar and the new for GPS or DI/SI.

New Question:
I have a tiller boat. Since the GPS will be mounted on the left side of the boat (facing right), I see having a learning curve interpreting the boat navigation since "UP" on the GPS is not the front of the boat. Am I over-thinking this? I wonder which GPS setting would work better, "Course Up" or "North Up".

Thanks,
Jerry

2012/02/26 13:12:00
chauncy
"Will my fish catch rate continue to increase as I spend more? Probably not. I would be better off just following Chauncy's red Lund." lol.

I was in Bill's boat that day. His lund is bigger than mine. Good erie boat.
2012/02/26 14:57:20
ICE NUT
Yes Ken that pic was taken the day you and I fished Lake Erie.I enjoyed that day we had fun.Jerry good luck with what ever you buy Im pleased with mine. Chauncy is right your fish catching rate is probably not going to go up but you never know. About the coordinates you can have all the coordinates you want on erie didnt seem to matter we caught fish in a dozen other areas also.More important was what we were using,how far back and what we speed we were fishing!!!
I learned alot that day fishing with my friend chauncy whom I consider the FISH King!!!!! esp on Shenango!!!.Kenny we gota do it again this summer ok!!

icenut

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account