2012/02/26 19:15:19
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Broke out the waders and hit pymy this afternoon. Took a while to find them but caught 8 fat perch and 2 crappie beginning about an hour before dark. Fish were very light on the bite. Would have stayed later, but didn't have my headlamp with me. All in all it was a nice sunny day to be out enjoying it all.
2012/02/27 14:09:31
frost
Well hit the spillway for a few hours and then the causeway. Absolutely nothing. Spillway had 2 guys jigging, 1 guy utilizing the 3 rod rule with minnows and me jigging and a minnow and only thing caught was about a 6" perch and a shad.

Threw minnies and jigs along causeway while having a Minnie sit under a bobber and not even a hit. As long as we don't get the wind they're calling for I'll be out his evening trying a few other spots with the waders. I'll let ya all know how that goes tonight. Water is still real cold so it's probably 2 weeks early still but I'll keep trying every few days so I can keep yinz updated on when they start moving.
2012/02/27 15:53:39
wirenut45
slightly off topic,but, what kind of net do you waders use, or do you not net them, beach them instead? t.y.
2012/02/27 16:04:01
Pork
I just use a regular old net...stuck in the back of my vest when walking.
Usually hang it on the shore brush behind me when I'm fishing & back to it with fish-on.
Beaching 'eyes isn't going to turn out well most times...nor will just trying to reach down & grab them.
A net comes in handy for sure.

edit ~ just saw cf's reply...different strokes.
2012/02/27 17:09:02
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Good luck to you guys if you get out this week. Gonna pound out the hours at work the next 4 days so I can take friday off and hit it again. Weather looks like it will be cooperating.
2012/02/27 17:10:41
frost
I use a big fly fishing trout net. I got it for steelhead fishing but it makes a perfect net for wading also. It clips on with a retractable wire. I never have to go back to shore till I move spots or I'm done for the day/night.
2012/02/27 19:07:56
frost
Went out, too windy for me with these temps so I didn't fish. I may be young and dumb but I'm not stupid so I'll wait till its a little less windy to put on the waders.
2012/02/27 19:57:40
SmMouthSeeker
Trout net, if it's to big I'll beach it.
2012/02/27 20:02:11
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
No doubt frost. Even with the sun out yesterday and only a light wind blowing, it was still pretty cold after standing in that water for a while. A couple times I went back into shore just to have a smoke and bask in the sun for a few minutes.
2012/02/28 10:33:41
pymodave
fished a northern bay that i usually fish after a normal ice out , didnt have any luck sun or mon. water really low half the bay was a mud flat

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account