2012/02/23 20:14:03
SmMouthSeeker
ORIGINAL: Litl Dude

I can't understand the need to stand hip deep in cold water when you guys say you catch them right next to shore in 2 ft' of water!!WTF

I don't know why I got a double posting.
2012/02/23 21:01:43
allhookedup
bigbob would be more than happy to let you tag along anytime i am out you can even show your friends or envite them along plenty of fish in lake always happy to help a fellow mupere
2012/02/23 21:57:28
TastyTrout

ORIGINAL: Litl Dude

I can't understand the need to stand hip deep in cold water when you guys say you catch them right next to shore in 2 ft' of water!!WTF

It's just fun! Like driving a quad through mud.
2012/02/24 17:22:41
1MOFISH

ORIGINAL: bigbob

i can not believe i have never tryed wading pyma. i live in pittsburgh, but have had a cabin at pymatuning for 16 years lol. THIS is the year. so if anyone is willing to let me tag along, i would really appreciate it. i pretty much catch and release........and no need to worry about me spot burning to friends etc. cause pretty much my fishing partner is my 72 year old father, who has NOOOO wish to do this. thanks in advance, for at least considering this.

and all along i thought i was your fishin buddy go figure lol got the neoprenes ready
GOD BLESS MO
2012/02/24 23:49:46
bigbob
1MOFISH..............thought you would have driven half way through canada by now looking for fishable ice. lol before i let you OUT FISH me, wading. i am going to tag along with a couple of these guys first, it may give me a fighting chance. lol i do wanna thank the guys that have invited me to join them.........thanks again
2012/02/25 00:05:16
CAPTAIN HOOK
Wading at night sometimes it's a bust and sometimes it's a blast............

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2012/02/25 08:55:36
Tunapursuit
CH, Nice fish.Tightlines Ron
2012/02/25 08:58:45
Tunapursuit
LOL, Crappie Slayer, I believe I may have lost a dozen of those Hot n Tots over the last year. Tightlines. Ron

ORIGINAL: CRAPPIE_SLAYER

Gotta say another bonus to breaking out the waders and taking a walk is all of the free tackle. Usually I peruse the shoreline on my way back to the vehicle, and tend to find quite a bit. Must have found $100 worth of crankbaits and the like last year alone. Throw on some new treble hooks and good to go. I've never bought a hot & tot in my life, but now have 2 dozen or better .

2012/02/26 17:01:48
NAsteelheader
has anybody got any eyes yet?
2012/02/26 18:23:42
frost
Nobody that I have talked to yet. I have been out a few times now and haven't even had a hit. I'll be out tomorrow all day. Going to check a bunch of spots and see if I can find anything yet. I'm going to hit the spillway for a little, the causeway and end the day with some waist deep cold water wading to see if I can pick something up. Then I'll be back out Wednesday trying it again depending on how bad it's raining. Was thinking of taking the boat out tomorrow but with 20-30mph winds I'm just going to stay on shore for now. I'm thinking 3 more weeks before anything really starts, but I need to wet a line so I'll be out. I'll let you guys know how it goes when I get done tomorrow night. These gas prices are getting rediculous for making a trip for nothing so I would rather see you guys traveling catch a few rather than just handing over money to the oil companies for nothing.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account