2012/02/21 09:04:47
walleye24j
Was looking for a few places to wade never done it before and would like to try it. Not looking for anyone to spot burn but any help would be appreciated.
2012/02/21 09:37:26
Pork
Wading doesn't work at pymie......
but if you're just looking to wet a line & get cold....

Look for the shallow points that extend into the lake. Find one with gravel.
The will be some sediment too, it's not like pure washed stone, but you'll feel the gravel as well.
The points close to inlets ~ even small ones ~ seem to have the most action, although not always the biggest fish.
There are many, many, good points to wade.
If my favorite spot is crowded (more than 3 people), I just move down the lake until I find some elbow room.
2012/02/21 17:11:07
Hofadam52
Hey very interested in wading this year any recommendations for bait/ lures I should use? Any help would be appreciated
Adam
2012/02/21 17:29:37
Big Tuna
Floating stick baits Raps being no.1 on my list,Bango's long A bombers have worked as well as a twister tails on a 1/8 jigs
2012/02/21 17:51:15
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Argeed with all the info above, and definitly a good idea to get a map to give you an idea of an area you want to fish. I have done alot of wading at pymy over the past few years (mostly because I didn't have a boat), and there are many historically good spots where you will see alot of guys, but as pork said don't be afraid to move from the crowds. I have found many of my best spots just taking long wades down a section of shoreline, slowly fishing the entire shoreline and always keeping in mind what I am feeling w/ my feet. Definitly take it slow when walking and keep alert for stumps and such under the water. Nothing will ruin a day of fishing when its 20-30° out like filling those waders
2012/02/21 19:40:46
streamerfisher1
as stated above move around and look for points and gravel big and small u will be surprised what is there that no one else knows about and also check out the backs of bays and the mouth of bays too this is all good advice. and i have my best luck with 1/8th oz jigs bare hook with large fat head minnows
2012/02/21 19:43:23
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Watch getting to the backs of some of those bays at pymy. They go from solid bottom to knee deep muck in some places real fast.
2012/02/21 19:53:35
allhookedup
hofadam52 i will take u under my wing and show you a spot near where u may be staying it will be very active when water temps hit around 55 degrees
2012/02/21 22:18:02
Hofadam52
Pm sent
2012/02/22 01:43:37
fishin joe
wading pymy i would take you under my wing then you would show your buddy your buddy would show his buddy his buddy shows his buddy no thanks not that i dont share but facts are facts
ORIGINAL: walleye24j

Was looking for a few places to wade never done it before and would like to try it. Not looking for anyone to spot burn but any help would be appreciated.
[/quot

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account