• Northwest PA
  • Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? (p.9)
2012/03/06 22:55:59
frost
Well the fiancée picked me up today from work and surprised me with the fishing gear saying she wanted to go fishing. Went to the spillway from 9-1030 tonight and not even a hit. One other guy there and he left shortly after we got there. Was a nice clear night and temps weren't to awfully cold. It was a nice surprise seeing she really doesn't like to fish at night. As I've been saying if the temps stay up, the weekend of the 24th will be it. 2 1/2 weeks of warm and we get some rain, the water temps will be in the mid 40's. They are calling for a few cold nights this week which won't help the temps to rise, but it shouldn't hurt it to bad. I'll keep updating as I get out.
2012/03/07 08:23:26
TastyTrout

ORIGINAL: frost

Well the fiancée picked me up today from work and surprised me with the fishing gear saying she wanted to go fishing. Went to the spillway from 9-1030 tonight and not even a hit. One other guy there and he left shortly after we got there. Was a nice clear night and temps weren't to awfully cold. It was a nice surprise seeing she really doesn't like to fish at night. As I've been saying if the temps stay up, the weekend of the 24th will be it. 2 1/2 weeks of warm and we get some rain, the water temps will be in the mid 40's. They are calling for a few cold nights this week which won't help the temps to rise, but it shouldn't hurt it to bad. I'll keep updating as I get out.

With all the fishing you've been doing and info you've been giving us guys that don't live in the area I hope you catch your personal best this year. I'm patiently waiting for my first trip up.
2012/03/07 08:26:30
Bogeyjoker

Well the fiance picked me up today from work and surprised me with the fishing gear saying she wanted to go fishing....It was a nice surprise seeing she really doesn't like to fish at night.

Dude...I believe you've found yourself a keeper!
2012/03/07 08:37:07
TastyTrout
ORIGINAL: Bogeyjoker

Well the fiance picked me up today from work and surprised me with the fishing gear saying she wanted to go fishing....It was a nice surprise seeing she really doesn't like to fish at night.

Dude...I believe you've found yourself a keeper!

Probably why she's his fiance' already, rather than just his girlfriend!
2012/03/07 08:56:02
Jefff
On my way up now. Gotta drop the motor off and then off to hit the usual spots. Don't care if I catch anything, it's gonna be too nice out!!
2012/03/07 12:49:28
frost
Yeah I have to agree that she is a keeper. Only problem with her liking to hunt and fish...it gets expensive! I never have a problem buying new things, as long as I get some also. Me, "I need a new rod". Her, "ok me too". "I need new waders". Her, "yeah mine just started leaking so I need a new pair also".

She wanted to start fly fishing, I have now got her a 3 rods and boxes full of flies. She now has a trout specific tackle box, a tackle box for basic fishing, and is now working on a bass specific box. I think I have created a monster! Well at least I never have to worry about finding somebody to go with. But the best part is still insists I leave her at home and go fishing/hunting with just the guys.

I just want to say thanks again to indsguiz for giving her a steelhead fly rod for her birthday 2 years ago at the one fly, one less I had to get for her.
2012/03/07 15:56:23
bronzeback2
Take it from an older guy , having a boss that hunts and fishes with you is a sweet deal, only downside for me is she usually manages to do better on size , like if I would catch a 20 inch eye she'll catch a 21 incher, really was neat two bows seasons ago I took a nice 8, week or so later she took a 7 that was a tick bigger there went bragging rights for a year, good to have something in common once the newness wears off but kinda weird when she hogs the new Cabelas catalog first.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account