• Northwest PA
  • Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? (p.8)
2012/03/06 08:51:58
TastyTrout
Sorry Pork. I spoke with my grandfather who lives up there and he frequently goes to the spillway to sit in his car and watch the people fishing with bino's. He said he hasn't seen people catching them yet and after talking with the Game Commission over there he also confirmed that he hadn't come across many people catching them.
2012/03/06 10:39:38
sprint219
Pork-

Not a problem!!! I just had to give my two cents because half of the people on here either have no clue...
2012/03/06 13:45:33
anatikus
catching fish they are not........too cold it must be.....muahahaha
but seriously, is there ice still floating around the lake? is there anyone vert. jigging for crappies?
2012/03/06 15:50:49
sprint219
A couple launches had skim ice this morning. No ice floating, at least none that I have seen. There have been a few guys out with limited success. Most of the 'eyes that I have heard about have been down towards Jamestown, while fishing in the late evening.
2012/03/06 15:52:28
Flying Fish
With you I agree Anatikus. The tempature it must warm.
2012/03/06 19:38:56
NeFiShNeTiMe
Where are some good spots to fish from the boat this time of year?
2012/03/06 19:51:24
Big Tuna
Spillway,sand bars, islands, the two bridges over the causway,bridge 20,any stream that dumps into the lake.Its to early but should start in a week or so I'd say just wait it out till you can really get into them. It's to cold and the lakes low,better in high water and higher water temps.When the water hits 45 ish things will start.
2012/03/06 19:52:51
Westford
Was out twice last week when the weather permitted. Got 5 total. Bite is still slow. Probably not worth coming up from Pittsburgh right now with gas near $4 a gaalon. Give it a few weeks.
2012/03/06 20:57:51
Pymybass
I worry about the economy, foreign policy,  gas prices and our current administration Monday through Friday.  Fishin’ (and this forum when I can’t be on the water) let me hit the reset button.  To all you guys that give me something to read during the year and some good weather/water/fishing reports – Thanks!  Pork you run a good ship on here and keep all the boys playing nice.  We are close, got some warm weather the next couple of days and hope to get up there this weekend to check on the places and definitely wet a line.  Hope you guys all get to do the same and get into some…take it easy.   Mike A – that’s one for the year!
2012/03/06 21:32:44
eyeassassin
I am coming up Thursday morning and will be fishing thurs and fri. Hopefully i catch something

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account