• Northwest PA
  • Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? (p.6)
2012/03/04 21:34:32
Bogeyjoker
ORIGINAL: Handline

I did not say it to be condescending, i truely dont know what he was trying to say, and no one else spoke up to explain it. So i thought i would make a joke then ask for an explaination.

Fair enough.  No harm, no foul.
2012/03/04 21:40:16
TastyTrout

ORIGINAL: TastyTrout

If there's no dock in and you back the boat into the water then there's no dock to walk out on to get into the thing. If you have a boat setup where you can back your boat right off the trailer then more power to you.

I know that if there is no dock in, then there no dock to walk out on. All trailerable boats I know of come off the trailer after backing in to the water, any other way would be alot harder. HAHA

Please rephrase what you were trying to write, as it makes little sense

Bogey, in that post i had quoted tastytrout. Please see the above. I was making a joke about how it read, notice the haha at the end. a joke. Then i asked please to rephrase his post so i can understand it. I did not say it to be condescending, i truely dont know what he was trying to say, and no one else spoke up to explain it. So i thought i would make a joke then ask for an explaination.

If i am viewed as a helpful ****, i am ok with that

Maybe you had trouble reading it because it was in proper English. I refuse to dumb it down for you by misspelling things and making my "i's" small. I'm not one to rag on people's grammar on an Internet forum but if you're going to get on my post then please expect me to do just that.

For others let me explain my post. We have a 16 ft fiberglass VERY deep v. People have commented at the docks just how deep our boat is. It's an old boat with nothing more on it than a motor. With that being said backing it off the trailer isn't an option. Someone must be on the dock holding a rope so that when you hit the brakes (as you put in your original post) that person can pull the boat to the dock. The boats simply too deep and too heavy to bring up right on the cement. If it were aluminum or a flat bottom boat then sure that would be possible.
2012/03/05 00:10:07
anatikus
ummmm.....so hows the fishing been? ......and im gonna have a t-shirt printed that says Helpful **** ...hope you dont mind...its too funny to pass up.
2012/03/05 05:56:22
Handline

If there's no dock in and you back the boat into the water then there's no dock to walk out on to get into the thing. If you have a boat setup where you can back your boat right off the trailer then more power to you.

I know that if there is no dock in, then there no dock to walk out on. All trailerable boats I know of come off the trailer after backing in to the water, any other way would be alot harder. HAHA

Please rephrase what you were trying to write, as it makes little sense

Bogey, in that post i had quoted tastytrout. Please see the above. I was making a joke about how it read, notice the haha at the end. a joke. Then i asked please to rephrase his post so i can understand it. I did not say it to be condescending, i truely dont know what he was trying to say, and no one else spoke up to explain it. So i thought i would make a joke then ask for an explaination.

If i am viewed as a helpful ****, i am ok with that

Maybe you had trouble reading it because it was in proper English. I refuse to dumb it down for you by misspelling things and making my "i's" small. I'm not one to rag on people's grammar on an Internet forum but if you're going to get on my post then please expect me to do just that.

For others let me explain my post. We have a 16 ft fiberglass VERY deep v. People have commented at the docks just how deep our boat is. It's an old boat with nothing more on it than a motor. With that being said backing it off the trailer isn't an option. Someone must be on the dock holding a rope so that when you hit the brakes (as you put in your original post) that person can pull the boat to the dock. The boats simply too deep and too heavy to bring up right on the cement. If it were aluminum or a flat bottom boat then sure that would be possible.

TastyTrout, A person cracks a joke about your post saying it is hard to understand with the way you wrote it, then explains to the world it was a joke.

Then your very next post you come out of the gates swinging. I made no personal attack on to you. You felt is was best to attack my intelligence, very classy i must say.

I really wish you would have misspelled everything and used "I" in lower case. That was my main hang up in your original post, i just couldnt get over that single letter, as my reading skills just cant process that... Oh wait you never used "i" in that post. Maybe before you make a cut at someone you should referance back to see if you actually used the item you said you should have changed. Very smooth. BTW it wasnt the spelling that made it difficult to understand it was the way the words were arranged (seeing no one else stepped in to explain, it must have been written perfectly).

Good thing your not one to "rag on peoples grammer" I was worried someone might just do that. Asking for someone to rephase what they wrote isnt "ragging" on anything. But still none the less in your eyes it was a noble and justifiable to unleash the grammer police when someone asks to a rephase to a sentence. Very honorable in defending your post from the people who ask questions trying to understand what you wrote.

Just between me and you, i didnt read the secound half of your last post... well a little, just the first sentence. But only to the part explaining that it was for everyone else, excluding me (i hope thats ok). You are a very crafty young fella, I will have to keep my eye on you.

Anatikus, by all means get some shirts made. When you get them post a photo or two I would buy one off of ya.
2012/03/05 07:04:17
just keep a few
Who has time to argue on a fishing forum? Is this even real? Is this whats important to people who live in a country where unemployment is 8%,constitutional rights are being trampled,taxes and spending are out of control,Iran is getting close to nuclear weopons,Vladimir Putin is the new President of Russia...need I go on people? Focus on whats important and just get along.
2012/03/05 07:57:28
anzomcik
I dont believe these clowns really feel that what they are fighting about on a fishing forum is whats truely important. I think they use this as an outlet to mask themselfs from all thats wrong with the world. We are all in the same boat, some people deal with it in differnt ways.

I could be wrong, just a thought
2012/03/05 08:43:30
just keep a few
Yeah.....Good point..
2012/03/05 08:52:34
TastyTrout

ORIGINAL: just keep a few

Who has time to argue on a fishing forum? Is this even real? Is this whats important to people who live in a country where unemployment is 8%,constitutional rights are being trampled,taxes and spending are out of control,Iran is getting close to nuclear weopons,Vladimir Putin is the new President of Russia...need I go on people? Focus on whats important and just get along.

Those things are well worth being worried about. However, this is a fishing forum and not one involving politics. If you post it to the off topic discussion section then you'll get some responses. Those things are a bit out of our control though don't you think?
2012/03/05 08:56:48
wayneo73

ORIGINAL: anatikus

ummmm.....so hows the fishing been?

classic!

wow, did this thread get waylaid
2012/03/05 09:10:21
just keep a few
you win...feel better?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account