• Northwest PA
  • Any body fishin pymatuning from there boats yet?? (p.4)
2012/03/04 09:32:41
chauncy

Deleted my advice.
2012/03/04 10:27:42
Jefff

ORIGINAL: chauncy

Jeff, you're backing your trailer in too far. Back it in and get your boards wet, then pull it up to where your boards tips are just a little out of the water.Pull your boat up on the trailer, climb over the front and stand on the part above water and winch it in. I have a truck now but when i had my caprice classic, i could slide across the trunk onto dry land. Now all i have to do is use my step bumper to get on land. Takes a few times to figure how far back to have your trailer in so you can just step out but if you wet the boards, you wont have a problem cranking the boat.
ORIGINAL: Jefff

it depends on the boat/trailer setup. I am adding guide poles to my trailer for windy days. They make such a difference.

and I always carry a set of hip waders when I take the boat out, just in case u have to get wet

Thinking back on the last 2 seasons, my boat was a 16' fiberglass and the winch wasn't the strongest. Therefore my silly method was nessessary. this year I have an 18' aluminum with a brand new winch so ill be set
2012/03/04 10:44:54
NeFiShNeTiMe
I always put trailer in until the tops of the fenders are level With the water when I am putting boat back on and I have a buddy.. If I am by myself I put the first roller about 6" under the water and drive the boat on.... Power load..that I find is the best way and I am doing it most of the time now. I never need to crank the winch more than a foot or two. And never get wet that is just silly... .. Lol I just love watching people at the boat launch its just halirous.
2012/03/04 11:18:01
jmat
Well after reading all this I take it there are no docks yet. I am not as good as most of you sound, or at least say you are. So it looks like I will be getting a bit wet. I have yet to figure out how to have my fishing partner park the truck and then come back to the boat to get in and not get a bit wet. Guess I better get a loading plank to walk on. Or it sounds like some of you guys have it figured out how not to have to get into the water to jump onto the boat. I have only been doing this for 15 years but man do I have a lot to learn. Perhaps after he parks the truck he can just walk over to a bridge and when I drive under it he can jump in.
2012/03/04 11:23:48
bingsbaits
I load and unload all the time by myself and never get wet feet docks or not.

Now getting into and out of the boat with no docks can be a different story.
2012/03/04 11:36:26
NeFiShNeTiMe
Yea I don't understand???are you using a cuddy cabin boat?? Sounds like ya better carry plank with ya. I think that would be harder.
2012/03/04 12:23:45
frost
There no docks but the cement slabs the docks attach to are still there. You should be able to pull up close enough to them with the boat to get in. I have a flat bottom so I can just pull right up on shore or if by myself beach the boat while I park or retrieve the truck.
2012/03/04 12:42:10
jmat
frost thanks that is what I was looking for. I have a deep V boat so its a bit tougher for me. I wish I had a flat bottom.
2012/03/04 12:49:09
chauncy

ORIGINAL: jmat

frost thanks that is what I was looking for. I have a deep V boat so its a bit tougher for me. I wish I had a flat bottom.

2012/03/04 13:42:08
Handline
ORIGINAL: jmat

Well after reading all this I take it there are no docks yet. I am not as good as most of you sound, or at least say you are. So it looks like I will be getting a bit wet. I have yet to figure out how to have my fishing partner park the truck and then come back to the boat to get in and not get a bit wet. Guess I better get a loading plank to walk on. Or it sounds like some of you guys have it figured out how not to have to get into the water to jump onto the boat. I have only been doing this for 15 years but man do I have a lot to learn. Perhaps after he parks the truck he can just walk over to a bridge and when I drive under it he can jump in.

Pull the boat to the land, step off of land into the boat. Pretend land is the dock. If the docks were in you would not go out on the dock, then jump in the water to climb in the boat would you?

I am not as good as most of you sound, or at least say you are.

It takes some balls to make jabs like that to the people who are giving you advise. I mean after all your the one who cant seem to climb in your boat with out getting wet.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account